No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: Danny Garcia Studied Me Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: Danny Garcia Studied Me Well

Junior welterweight contender Lucas Matthysse (34-3, 32KOs) says WBC/WBA champion Danny Garcia (27-0, 16KOs) did his homework. Last Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Garcia won a twelve round unanimous decision over Matthysse.

Garcia was the underdog coming in, but he withstood Matthysse's punches, closed the Argentine boxer's right eye in the sixth round and scored a knockdown in the eleventh. Matthysse had no excuses and offered nothing but respect to the champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good to hear it's only two months. I'm sure some guys like LarryX are dissapointed to hear that.

What a beast, still almost won the fight with a fractured orbital half the fight.

Comment

Matthysse is a really likeable guy

Comment

Hope he comes back stronger... Hopefully with a new trainer... Nacho would be cool...

Comment

Meh, Dannys a fighter, and ultimately the difference lies in the fact that danny could take matthysses power. You can't learn a chin from watching film.

How danny didn't die from this shot I'll never know;

Comment

Angel knew because Angel knows everything!!

Comment

I hope they meet again at welterweights. Maybe is time to move up. who else could fight Lucas at 140?

Comment

"garcia will likely move up to the welterweight division leaving the door open for matthysse to pursue the vacant wbc/wba titles"

golden boy promotions denied reports that garcia and matthysse were going to face each other in a rematch.

"matthysse suffered a small fracture of his right orbital bone. he will need at least two months to heal the injury"

Comment

Matthysse is very humble, he will be champion again in the near future & put up one hell of a performance saturday night.

Garcia is just something else, I won 150$ on the fight. Dannys improving with each bout, hes a force to be reckon with. I had him slated to beat Lucas. Just never really posted with all the hate he was getting from Matthysse fans

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    Good to hear it's only two months. I'm sure some guys like LarryX are dissapointed to hear that.

What a beast, still almost won the fight with a fractured orbital half the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X