No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ross’s Iffy Math a Sure Sign of “Boxing Autumn”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_langford View Post
    We look at C.J. Ross's score as being far fetched and it should be, however Dave Moretti's score should also be under scrutiny. No way did Alvarez win 4 rounds. If he had won another 2 rounds, an unjust blemish would have been put on the record of one of the greatest pure boxers of our time. Equally alarming is the response of the NSAC Executive Director - Keith Kizer. Listening to him trying to justify the judge's scoring makes this even more questionable.
    everything you said here, its crazy because everyone was calling for faulty scorecards far before the fight and it happend! when ross card was read i looked at my friends and said see i told yall! and i was nervous as hell hearing the last 2 cards because i had alot of money riding on this fight and i knew canelo fanboys would argue the fight was close and floyd ran when canelos eye was puffy and floyd was ready to hit the club

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post

Caution : the following is for people who think independently , and not waiting for journalists to form an opinion for them

I don't see why anyone in this world has to pay a penny to see Mayweather fighting in the near future, with this farce going on !

Corrupt media and journalists are talking about this judge more than the fight itself , they want to scapegoat her because she dared to score the fight in away they don't like !!

have you ever read a column about " the automn of boxing " after Castillo robbery ?!

guys , you have an idol who should win no matter what his opponents do ! he enters the ring very relaxed with 12 rounds in his pocket , because he knows judges are waiting for his first jab to land to give him the round , he doesn't fight to earn rounds , all he needs is to escape with the round " AKA being elusive and making adjustments " !

In Canelo fight , I saw a fighter who lands 90 % of his punches in his opponent's gloves and spending the fight of his back leg !!
      there are some rounds when Mayweather didn't land more than 1 punch :O
      Canelo didn't land anything significant too , but he had the higher work rate and he pressured his opponent much much more , I bet elbows of Mayweather are swollen like hell now

everyone is talking about how elusive Mayweather was , and how he made Canelo misses ! no one talks about landing 90 % of the SCARCE punches in gloves and not doing **** to earn rounds or hurt opponents

Mayweather wasn't the better man in that fight, I expected him to school the green young fighter with limited boxing skills and stamina , but he didn't school anyone , he lost this fight , Canelo impressed me !

I am not American or Mexican , so I am totally out of this crazy bubble of media brainwashing and I use my brain to make an opinion
      how could canelo of impressed when he didnt even hit floyd hardly at all and when he did he couldnt hurt him. ive watched the fight 6 times now and floyd had canelo going backwards and thinking alot during the first 7 rds yourre crazy to think floyd didnt win that though he did it with small output he doesnt fight like figeruoa and awakara throwing like crazy. he lowered guererros output and did the same to canelo. yes its not the most exciting thing to see but it keeps working for him

Comment

Horrible score.

Comment

I see that Ponytail rocking chump Dougie Fischer is still a Mayweather bitter broad. 116-113 wtf? Fight was no where that close.

Comment

Terrible decision. It can not be defended.

Comment

Letting the boxing writer association or whatever its called judge the fight is not a good idea. If you are going to judge a fight it has to be unbiased judgement right? So your giving these journalists - some whom are very passionate (and biased) about what they write - to shelf that passion and be unbiased. Can you imagine Ronnie Nathanielz giving a Pacquiao or a Doniare or Mayweather fight his honest unbiased judgement? Not a good idea.

At the same time I also don't see the commission higher ups simply throwing Ross under the bus to appease the fans - internally it would look very bad if he or she caved under popular pressure, even if the popular decision is a right or wrong one. Most likely she'll be reprimanded, suspended, sent to Harold Lederman's school of how-to-judge-boxing for a while and quietly slip back into the business.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                no thats not true hard core fans hear about routinely its just mayweather and pac man bring it to the main stream and more people talk about it. Lets be clear tho since pac man got robbed boxing has been on jet fuel and getting more and more popular to say it hurts the sport it depends on how you look at it. But as fare as hurting the sport in the way that the best should always win thats obvious

but look did anybody want Herb Santos' head for scoring Love vs Rosado 97-92 for Love? that score was a total joke.

should the judges for Rios vs Abril ever be allowed to judge again? Trowbridge and Roth ( both "top" vegas judges)

Stanley Christodoulou 118-109 score for Alvarez over Trout was a total joke but nobody even said a word.

yes hard core boxing fans will complain but they're quick to forget.

hardcore fans will watch no matter what and casual fans will always be attracted to the spectacle

so in reference to the article nothing is going to happen. their will be no change in anything because the promoters can make money off fight even with crooked refs and judges.

Comment

here's a nice piece on why boxing judges are so terrible

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ycn-10603067

basically it's saying how promoters are the ones who pay the judges indirectly

"Even in a sport with as much negative baggage as boxing, this is a dirty secret that rarely gets discussed out in the open. Even the bravest of TV commentators or boxing scribes rarely dig into the sordid, incestuous relationship between the promoters and officials.

But if boxing is ever to earn its way out of the Red Light District of the sports world, some urgent reform is needed in this area. Unfortunately, those who hold all the cards are the same ones who lose the most if things are cleaned up."

Comment

CJ Ross is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post

Caution : the following is for people who think independently , and not waiting for journalists to form an opinion for them

I don't see why anyone in this world has to pay a penny to see Mayweather fighting in the near future, with this farce going on !

Corrupt media and journalists are talking about this judge more than the fight itself , they want to scapegoat her because she dared to score the fight in away they don't like !!

have you ever read a column about " the automn of boxing " after Castillo robbery ?!

guys , you have an idol who should win no matter what his opponents do ! he enters the ring very relaxed with 12 rounds in his pocket , because he knows judges are waiting for his first jab to land to give him the round , he doesn't fight to earn rounds , all he needs is to escape with the round " AKA being elusive and making adjustments " !

In Canelo fight , I saw a fighter who lands 90 % of his punches in his opponent's gloves and spending the fight of his back leg !!
                      there are some rounds when Mayweather didn't land more than 1 punch :O
                      Canelo didn't land anything significant too , but he had the higher work rate and he pressured his opponent much much more , I bet elbows of Mayweather are swollen like hell now

everyone is talking about how elusive Mayweather was , and how he made Canelo misses ! no one talks about landing 90 % of the SCARCE punches in gloves and not doing **** to earn rounds or hurt opponents

Mayweather wasn't the better man in that fight, I expected him to school the green young fighter with limited boxing skills and stamina , but he didn't school anyone , he lost this fight , Canelo impressed me !

I am not American or Mexican , so I am totally out of this crazy bubble of media brainwashing and I use my brain to make an opinion
                      Out and out trolling going on right here.

If you saw 90% of mayweathers punches land on gloves then you didn't see the fight. Even compubox confirmed 46% of Mayweather's punches landed, against Canelo's 22%, so there isn't even any fact in what you are saying.

Also, this myth that Mayweather was running the whole fight- did you not watch the first 7 rounds? Canelo was the one backing up dude. Sure Floyd likes to rake a round or two off in a fight, but that's how damn good he is. Yes he can fight off the back foot. That my friend, is called BOXING. You don't take a round off someone because they fought off the back foot, it isn't a weakness, it's a strength. This isn't WWE.

It's clear you either didn't watch the fight, are as bat-**** crazy as C J Ross, or you just don't understand boxing and have no business here. If you're not American or Mexican let me guess, are you Fillipino? Because learning everything you know about boxing from Manny Pacquaio would certainly explain your misunderstanding of the sport.
                      Last edited by cameltoe; 09-17-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X