No announcement yet.

Once again Skills rule,, will to win doesnt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again Skills rule,, will to win doesnt

Most boxing fans realize that skills is the best trait to have,,, skills pay the bills is the saying,,,,

yet i have seen numerous posters state that skills dont matter, its the will to win, and will to win will overcome skills...

I think that is horrible logic...

just look at saturday night- do you think garcia wanted it more than lucas, or floyd wanted it more than canelo...

both canelo and lucas showed up to fight,, both had the will to win, but their skills are not on the level of floyd and danny,,,
    Once again- skills pay the bills, and will to win had nothing to do with it.....

lucas started strong but he couldnt land the big shots he wanted to on danny, and even when he did, danny showed great chin and mental toughness to counter lucas and slowly break him down,, and even scored a kd on the machine...

same thing with floyd and canelo... canelo came in the ring in great shape, never gassed like how he had done in previous fights, fought his heart out, but floyd just too skilled in every facet of the game, and turned canelo into a sparring partner...

So from now on, when people act like skills dont matter, that its the will to win, just know that they have no idea what they are talking about.....

Skills usually always trump power and aggressiveness: there are exceptions like mayorga vs forrest, or margs vs cotto, but about 90% of the time the more skilled fighter wins.....

Skills pay the Bills: Will to win does not

Skills win MOST of the time...but there does come a time where fighters will themselves to victory over the more skilled fighter..this is a fact..a fighter needs both traits..Floyd and Garcia do not just pocess skill..they have ALOT of will

Comment

IDK if I fully agree with you. YOu could make that argument if Lucas & Canelo's will to win were higher than Floyd & Danny's but it wasnt. I think when people argue will, they maybe talking about fights against guys who have great skills but not alot of will

Comment

Its usually fans of guys like Brandon Rios or Margarito who say **** like that lol

Will to win does come into play during closely matched fights though

Comment

Lucas showed up to win, his loss wasn't embarrassing
          Alvarez didn't show up to win, he fought like a punk
          given the cards read, he only needed to win 3 rds to "win" :laugh:
          he had enough gifted rds in the bank already to seal a robbery :laugh:
          he couldn't even do that, he stood there and got beat up

Comment

Thats all fine and dandy but all those skills produced was a 70$ terd!!! Canelo Mayweather was a chore to watch!! Dreadful dreadful fight!!!!

One of the most boring fights to have so much hype behind it.

Comment

i disagree garcia and floyd wanted it more or just as much as lucas and nelo they just possessed the skill to win the fight

look at molina vs bey ,bey had all the skill was dominating the fight but molina had the will to take 3 to land one and that's what got him the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Most boxing fans realize that skills is the best trait to have,,, skills pay the bills is the saying,,,,

yet i have seen numerous posters state that skills dont matter, its the will to win, and will to win will overcome skills...

I think that is horrible logic...
                I think the one using horrible logic is yourself. It can be argued Floyd had/has a greater will to win than most fighters today, it's apparent in his dedication to the sport. Stop acting like "skills" and "will" aren't interchangeable and/or applicable to both fighters, or neither. Poor job baiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                  Skills win MOST of the time...but there does come a time where fighters will themselves to victory over the more skilled fighter..this is a fact..a fighter needs both traits..Floyd and Garcia do not just pocess skill..they have ALOT of will
                  No doubt not saying they didnt have the will,,, just saying that when both guys want it, which is usually true, then skill is the main factor in determining a winner

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  IDK if I fully agree with you. YOu could make that argument if Lucas & Canelo's will to win were higher than Floyd & Danny's but it wasnt. I think when people argue will, they maybe talking about fights against guys who have great skills but not alot of will
                  Not saying floyd and danny dont have will to win, all top fighters have the will to win,,, I just dont think that who wants it more is a trait you can measure,,, Skills win, when both guys want it

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Its usually fans of guys like Brandon Rios or Margarito who say **** like that lol

Will to win does come into play during closely matched fights though
                  Yes your right, its the fans of the action brawlers that usually say this,, thats why i started the thread to showcase how every fighter has the will to win, its the skills that win fights

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  Lucas showed up to win, his loss wasn't embarrassing
                  Alvarez didn't show up to win, he fought like a punk
                  given the cards read, he only needed to win 3 rds to "win" :laugh:
                  he had enough gifted rds in the bank already to seal a robbery :laugh:
                  he couldn't even do that, he stood there and got beat up
                  I think canelo showed up to fight,, its just that you had a freshman fighting a seasoned senior,,, Floyd was just better in every facet of the game, and did a very smart move by being active in the first round to take the crowd out and he never let canelo get into the fight,, which was the exact opposite of what hopkins did to taylor,, hopkins let taylor dictate the fight early and thought he would take over down the stretch and win, but taylor got off to a good start and gained confidence and won,, floyd never allowed canelo to do that.... hats off to floyd

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                  i disagree garcia and floyd wanted it more or just as much as lucas and nelo they just possessed the skill to win the fight

look at molina vs bey ,bey had all the skill was dominating the fight but molina had the will to take 3 to land one and that's what got him the win.
                  Like i said in my post,, its about 90% of the time,,, there will always be mayorga vs forrest, baldomir vs judah, bey-molina type fights,,,,, Thats what makes boxing so great,,, but my general rule of thumb when picking winners is who has the better skill set,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Like i said in my post,, its about 90% of the time,,, there will always be mayorga vs forrest, baldomir vs judah, bey-molina type fights,,,,, Thats what makes boxing so great,,, but my general rule of thumb when picking winners is who has the better skill set,,,,
                    you're right you did say that my bad to be honest all i read was the title lol

Comment

Working...
                    X