Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again Skills rule,, will to win doesnt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia damn sho showed the will to win in his fight with Lucas..he walked thru hell to get that win

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      Thats all fine and dandy but all those skills produced was a 70$ terd!!! Canelo Mayweather was a chore to watch!! Dreadful dreadful fight!!!!

One of the most boring fights to have so much hype behind it.
      bull**** the fight was far from boring....Floyd put on a clinic

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I think the one using horrible logic is yourself. It can be argued Floyd had/has a greater will to win than most fighters today, it's apparent in his dedication to the sport. Stop acting like "skills" and "will" aren't interchangeable and/or applicable to both fighters, or neither. Poor job baiting.
        Dude what are you talking about,,,, skills win,,, usually both fighters have the will to win,,, will to win doesnt matter when both guys have it,, skills win

floyd beat canelo
        calzaghe beat lacy
        shane beat margs
        winky beat tito
        hopkins beat pavlik, tarver, pascal, cloud
        ward beat froch
        alexander beat maidana
        jmm beat diaz
        and list goes on and on.......
        when both guys want to win- skills is the deciding factor,,

if you think will and skills are interchangeable then your not as smart as you think

rios and margs and mayorga have great wills to win,, yet would get smoked by guys with better skill sets like floyd, hopkins, manny, jmm

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
          Garcia damn sho showed the will to win in his fight with Lucas..he walked thru hell to get that win
          Yes your right, but so did lucas,,, lucas walked thru hell as well,, it was just that danny had better skills, countered and broke down the machine...

Danny's skills was the deciding factor

Comment

It was a glorified fencing match!!! Floyd never even tried to finish Canelo not once! I give Floyd all the credit in the world but for 70$ and the fact that he was completely outclassing his opponent he could at least tried to hurt someone. Fuking pitter pat 60% punches look real nice to judges and other boxers but to me it's fuking boring. Im glad i didn't pay for it and I refuse to watch any of his fights until he either fights pac or he starts finishing people. Me and you both know neither is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Most boxing fans realize that skills is the best trait to have,,, skills pay the bills is the saying,,,,

yet i have seen numerous posters state that skills dont matter, its the will to win, and will to win will overcome skills...

I think that is horrible logic...

just look at saturday night- do you think garcia wanted it more than lucas, or floyd wanted it more than canelo...

both canelo and lucas showed up to fight,, both had the will to win, but their skills are not on the level of floyd and danny,,,
              Once again- skills pay the bills, and will to win had nothing to do with it.....

lucas started strong but he couldnt land the big shots he wanted to on danny, and even when he did, danny showed great chin and mental toughness to counter lucas and slowly break him down,, and even scored a kd on the machine...

same thing with floyd and canelo... canelo came in the ring in great shape, never gassed like how he had done in previous fights, fought his heart out, but floyd just too skilled in every facet of the game, and turned canelo into a sparring partner...

So from now on, when people act like skills dont matter, that its the will to win, just know that they have no idea what they are talking about.....

Skills usually always trump power and aggressiveness: there are exceptions like mayorga vs forrest, or margs vs cotto, but about 90% of the time the more skilled fighter wins.....

Skills pay the Bills: Will to win does not

Tell that to Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                Tell that to Cotto
                Like i said in my original post,,, skills win about 90% of the time,,,,

there will always be a cotto-margs, or forrest-mayorga type fights, but they are few and far between...

Comment

It was a boring fight, i hate to say it, but Guerrero vs Mayweather had ALOT more action, and i thought that was one of the Snoozers of the year.

And isn't it funny how the same people who gave Trinidad the last three rounds vs Oscar, gave Floyd the last round?

As a matter of fact, it was nearly the same as Ishe vs Molina, two boring fights.

Luckily Garcia Mathysse was an awesome fight, was at the edge of my seat THE WHOLE FIGHT. That saved the card, Cano vs Theopane had some good action.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Like i said in my original post,,, skills win about 90% of the time,,,,

there will always be a cotto-margs, or forrest-mayorga type fights, but they are few and far between...
                    Tell that to Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      It was a boring fight, i hate to say it, but Guerrero vs Mayweather had ALOT more action, and i thought that was one of the Snoozers of the year.

And isn't it funny how the same people who gave Trinidad the last three rounds vs Oscar, gave Floyd the last round?

As a matter of fact, it was nearly the same as Ishe vs Molina, two boring fights.

Luckily Garcia Mathysse was an awesome fight, was at the edge of my seat THE WHOLE FIGHT. That saved the card, Cano vs Theopane had some good action.
                      100% agree with you I was playing with my phone the last 6 rounds because i knew there wasn't gonna be any action. Seriously bother fighters throwing just over 500 punches a piece is a ****ing travesty!!! 40 punches a round and large majority of the punches were fuking jabs!!! Never again!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X