• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what oscar told him, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      thats what oscar told him, duh.
      Well now we all know Oscar had fell off the wagon around the time he was giving Canelo all of this info.

Comment

Plan A was to try and box Mayweather at mid-range. It didn't work. Where was plan B, plan C, etc? I know pressure isn't Alvarez natural game, but his advantages over Mayweather were size and probably strength. At no point did he make a concerted effort to capitalise on that.

Others will have seen a lot more of Alvarez than me, but it looked to me like he had cement in his boots. His movement was poor. I'm not sure if he is normally like that.

Comment

After 2 or 3 rounds of trying to box Floyd, it should have sunk in that wasn't go to work so time to change the plan. THe new plan should have been to make it a war. There is nothing wrong with fighting like Marvin haggler did to Hearns.
          It might not feel natural to Canelo to do that, but you have to adapt sometimes. Canelo punches real good so im sure it could have worked.

But Canelo said he did all he could so you cant ask for more really, but if he watches the tape he might feel differently.
          Rematch perhaps.

Comment

why anyone would try to outbox Floyd is beyond me...it aint happening

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
              Plan A was to try and box Mayweather at mid-range. It didn't work. Where was plan B, plan C, etc? I know pressure isn't Alvarez natural game, but his advantages over Mayweather were size and probably strength. At no point did he make a concerted effort to capitalise on that.

Others will have seen a lot more of Alvarez than me, but it looked to me like he had cement in his boots. His movement was poor. I'm not sure if he is normally like that.
              Anyone will look like cement in thier boots when fighting Floyd. Here is the thing, when Canelo fought in the center of the ring, at times he was snapping off 2-3 jabs but still wasn't able to overcome Floyd. Now when he took Floyd to the ropes, he was having less success. Face it, there is no game plan that would have worked for Canelo Saturday night. He knew at least he wouldn't walk into punches if he stayed ring center.....he would if he followed Floyd to the ropes. His most success was ring center but his best was not good enough. This was not the same Floyd who decided to lay on the ropes against Cotto. He fought his type of fight against Guerrero and Canelo which means even at Floyds age, he learned something from the Cotto fight and used it. Like I said, to beat a Genius you have to be a Genius or overwhelm a Genius and Canelo was not able to do either. He'll be a champ again, guaranteed and he can still be the pride of Mexico and there is nothing wrong with being second and telling your grandkids that you were not only a champ, you fought one of the top 25-35 fighters of all time.
              Last edited by richardt; 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                why anyone would try to outbox Floyd is beyond me...it aint happening
                And trying to cut off the ring and overwhelm Floyd would have got Canelo eating more right hands and lefts. No formula would have worked for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboy1983 View Post
                  Just sitting here wondering why Canelo tried to box with Mayweather who is a masterful counter puncher and defensive fighter. During All access Canelo and his team would say stuff like I'm just as fast and my ring intelligence is underrated. Leading everyone to believe he would try to outbox Mayweather in the fight.. I just thought it was all rhetoric.

At the end of the day, if he got an undeserved draw with that fight plan, He actually could of won the fight if he sold out with a mauling style. I think he needs a new trainer!
                  Because the fight was fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    That's funny, I was in here saying that and everyone was insulting me for it. You guys over thought this thing.

The only way to beat Mayweather is to pressure him for 12 rounds and not stop. Put Leo Santa Cruz cardio and style into Canelo's body.

Non stop pressure for 12 rounds and force Mayweather to fight. Everyone falls into his trap and boxes.

There's a reason Mayweather avoided a prime Marg 5 years ago at 147, he knows that is the toughest style to deal with. Not saying Marg would have won, he just like to slow the fight down to his pace.
                    Ginger had the right idea for his skill set and stamina issues, when he started opening up he was eating all kinds of counters. He just failed to adapt to mayweathers adjustments.

I don't understand why why people think he would fair better throwing the kitchen sink at Mayweather, when he is simply too good defensively for an inexperienced pressure fighter who's merely adapting the style for this fight. Not saying this is what you meant, but others think that he should of went all out every round.

Comment

Not to say to say that X Y Z strategy is better, but I couldn't help doing a colossal face palm when Canelo chose to try and tentatively counter box Floyd Mayweather.

THE BLUEPRINT WAS WRONG.

WE NEED A NEW BLUEPRINT.

Comment

Working...
                      X