Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for all who was the better fighter in his Prime Roy or Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Roy was incredible. He dominated in spectacular fashion whereas Floyd surgical picks opponents apart.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Lol at people talking about athleticism... if all he was, was an athlete allen iverson could of dominated boxing too. Hes been a student of the game since he was 5 years old.

Bunch of noobs runnin around this place.
      lol are we pretending athleticism didn't play a huge part in his style? There's a reason why he hasn't been able to pull off his style in a very very very long time and he's been getting KO'd doing so. It's obviously not all he was but you no one can pull off what Roy did without his athleticism. Which is why Bernard is thriving because he is technically more polished.

Comment

Hands down it's Roy, but Floyd is starting to get closer.

I never thought anyone would come close. Floyd is getting closer

Comment

In my lifetime, the "best" (not greatest) fighters I've ever seen are Roy, Floyd, Whitaker and Ali.

In regards to being gifted, having different level talent, ability, skills, reflexes etc.

It's really hard to say but I think Roy in his prime was just untouchable, it was like he wasn't human.

Comment

Roy was a physical beast/freak of nature in his prime.

Comment

Jones Jr. has a much better resume and also had many more tools.

Comment

That is a tough call, I will take Floyd because I think he does more in the ring and I like his versatility but Roy just came in and laid his nuts on the table and was like deal with this and no one could until he slowed down.

Either way you can't really go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Hands down it's Roy, but Floyd is starting to get closer.

I never thought anyone would come close. Floyd is getting closer

This is pretty much what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    In my lifetime, the "best" (not greatest) fighters I've ever seen are Roy, Floyd, Whitaker and Ali.

In regards to being gifted, having different level talent, ability, skills, reflexes etc.

It's really hard to say but I think Roy in his prime was just untouchable, it was like he wasn't human.

And this too. Its the level of his domination that doesn't seem like it can ever be matched.

Comment

Prime Floyd or Prime Roy is a toss up. Both looked unbeatable in their primes and Floyd still looks unbeatable now even at 37.

Comment

Working...
                      X