No announcement yet.

ESPN: Dan Rafael Schooling Skip Bayless and Mike Wilbon saying "Boxing is Dead"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I was actually shocked when Stephen A. named Ward and Golovkin. "Wow, someone on ESPN who has heard of a fighter besides Pac and Floyd!"

When they talk about Alvarez it's painful. It was painful to hear them talk about Guerrero, they had no idea who he was, admitted to never watching him fight, yet they talked about the fight anyway.

If you're going to talk about boxing, show it the respect of paying attention or at least bring on someone like Rafael or Atlas who actually watches the sport and can set these people straight who are clueless.
    Don't kid yourself, no way Smith knows anything about Ward and GGG, when they mention names like Rios, Canelo you always see them look down, them dudes are Pac and May fans..case closed...other wise known as casuals.

Comment

I was actually shocked when Stephen A. named Ward and Golovkin. "Wow, someone on ESPN who has heard of a fighter besides Pac and Floyd!"
      lol Steve probably did some cursory research before bringing Rafael on, so he didn't seem totally lost. lol

When they talk about Alvarez it's painful. It was painful to hear them talk about Guerrero, they had no idea who he was, admitted to never watching him fight, yet they talked about the fight anyway.

If you're going to talk about boxing, show it the respect of paying attention or at least bring on someone like Rafael or Atlas who actually watches the sport and can set these people straight who are clueless.
      Boxing is a fringe sport. Even MMA, which a lot of people claim is now more popular than boxing, is a fringe sport. I log onto the ESPN site every day, mostly to check on baseball. The NHL, college football, NASCAR and even soccer are on their top tabs; boxing and MMA are relegated to "other sports."

I fully expect Mayweather to win tomorrow night; but, in my opinion, if Alvarez won, it would be great for the sport. That kid is on the cusp of superstardom. An upset over the acknowledged P4P king would truly herald his arrival. People watch Floyd in the hopes that he loses. That kind of negativity doesn't bring the masses like a new, fresh star that captures the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Seems like boxing is "dead" for a different reason every month. Be it the lack of a decent heavyweight division, after KTFO6 when the loony pac fanatics were making "boxing is dead" threads, and if Canelo gets May tomorrow night we will get an entire new round of "boxing is dead" decrees.
        Not at all. Quite the contrary. A Canelo win, however unlikely, would mean a new infusion of interest in the sport, in my opinion. That kid has a quality that appeals to people even outside the Mexican community. I've seen the commercials. Major companies want this guy. When was the last time you saw a boxer in a mainstream commercial?

Comment

When the term "hater" is looked up Skips picture often accompanies it. The man oozes hatred.

Comment

Not me. stephen a smith brought up ggg when he was on the max kellerman and marcellus wiley radio show, a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Got no beef with Dan using the catchweight controversy question as an opportunity to pants Skip.

And he made Wilbon look like a tampon.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery
                It's too bad this tub of lard is just as bad as both of them.
                Agree completely

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                  The only people making it a controversy are the pac fringe fans and non floyd fans who figure its a way to take credit away from floyd should he win. Their agenda has become oooh floyd you're a hypocrite so I don't have to give you credit if you win because you didn't give manny any. Uhhh ok.
                  i agree

the real reason they shouldnt give any credit for floyd in this fight is that canelo has **** stamina

you cant knock floyd for taking this fight its easy money and canelo has got a lot of fans that took the bait and believe the hype

im saying and have been saying it

canelo is not leagues better than any opponent floyd has faced before and plus he has terrible stamina. its an easy win for floyd

i am a floyd hater but im not blind i know a hype job when i see one but im pretty sure all the floyd haters that fell for canelo as being the goods will be singing the same tune im signing about canelo

once floyd beats him

Comment

the catchweight is and always be only an issue for us. Because we live and breathe boxing. The general sports public doesnt care about. They just see it as two guys are fighting around a reasonable weight. It's not even an afterthought.

Comment

Dan Rafael WTF!

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
                      The only thing Dan Rafael knows is where the fridge is at all hours of the day as well as the buffett table, the ho ho's, twinkies, cream puffs and marshmallows! I saw this fat tub of flesh at the Sergio Martinez vs. Serghiy Dzinzurik fight at the MGM Grand in CT and all he was worried about was getting seconds!

Comment

Working...
                      X