ESPN: Dan Rafael Schooling Skip Bayless and Mike Wilbon saying "Boxing is Dead"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    That wasn't the bs I was referring to.

I meant to say it was bs to discredit floyd for fighting a guy 2 pounds below his normal weight. I just couldn't care less.

A lot of people fight at catchweights, and people don't say anything - but when Floyd does it, people talk about.

It's only controversial because it's floyd.
    Lets talk about another popular fighter that uses catchweights, Pacquiao.
    Basically no one would blame Pacquaio for trying to CW the HUGE Canelo Alvarez.
    Miguel Cotto would not be blamed, heck anyother fighter would not be blamed.
    Last edited by BoxingFollower; 09-13-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I thought that was a pretty good interview Rafael did. He's been getting on my nerves lately, but Dan did a good job of representing boxing.

I got a laugh when Rafael went on about why he thinks Mayweather will beat Canelo and Steven A asks, "So, you're picking Floyd to win this fight?" lol

You can tell Bayless and Smith were clueless. It was written on their faces. Dan may as well have been talking about chess.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Why are you lying? You know you're lying, why are you? If I cared more, I would bump a hundred different threads full of people roasting Pacquiao for catchweights.

And most people don't have a problem with the catchweight itself. They have a problem with how much of a moronic hypocrite Mayweather is.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I thought that was a pretty good interview Rafael did. He's been getting on my nerves lately, but Dan did a good job of representing boxing.

I got a laugh when Rafael went on about why he thinks Mayweather will beat Canelo and Steven A asks, "So, you're picking Floyd to win this fight?" lol

You can tell Bayless and Smith were clueless. It was written on their faces. Dan may as well have been talking about chess.
          I was actually shocked when Stephen A. named Ward and Golovkin. "Wow, someone on ESPN who has heard of a fighter besides Pac and Floyd!"

When they talk about Alvarez it's painful. It was painful to hear them talk about Guerrero, they had no idea who he was, admitted to never watching him fight, yet they talked about the fight anyway.

If you're going to talk about boxing, show it the respect of paying attention or at least bring on someone like Rafael or Atlas who actually watches the sport and can set these people straight who are clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Lol @ skip trying to deny he had no idea what the hell a catchweight was
            That was freaking hilarious......

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Well Pac fought at catchweights against Cotto, Margarito, ODLH etc etc and there certainly wasn't this big a fuss about it as there is with these two measly pounds-

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                As long as Zou Shiming is fighting, boxing can't die

300 million ppl watching his debut can't be wrong

Comment

It chaps my @ss every time Skip Bayless opens his mouth. He knows nothing about sports period.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Why are you lying? You know you're lying, why are you? If I cared more, I would bump a hundred different threads full of people roasting Pacquiao for catchweights.

And most people don't have a problem with the catchweight itself. They have a problem with how much of a moronic hypocrite Mayweather is.
                    I'm not Leonard Ellerbe nor part of the money team, so I can't speak for Floyd himself.

So let me ask you a question...Is this a first time A boxer has changed their opinion on a issue?

Comment

Seems like boxing is "dead" for a different reason every month. Be it the lack of a decent heavyweight division, after KTFO6 when the loony pac fanatics were making "boxing is dead" threads, and if Canelo gets May tomorrow night we will get an entire new round of "boxing is dead" decrees.

Comment

Working...
                      X