Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's better for boxing if... (Mayweather vs Canelo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd and Manny retiring is the best thing for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
      Who the **** is better than him at 154 if he beats Floyd?
      Lara is better than him IMO... He can bully Cotto, rematch Trout, and we'll see how he handles Vanes... But as soon as he moves up, he's getting abused

But like I said, I would prefer if he won

Comment

A tight Mayweather victory that goes the distance would be the best result for the sport.

This way Canelo gets his chin tested for the first time and comes up with full points.

He goes the distance and puts up a real challenge maybe only losing by a round or two that means he will get rep from Floyd after the fight.

Then...the road to the rematch via a rumoured (probably falsely) Mayweather Pacquiao fight?

Canelo has picked up some skills in the rematch and BAM! He works out how to box.

Its gotta be school of hard knocks not instant success.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Matthysse is a bigger or atleast as big a threat as Canelo IMO.
          You know I'm a big Matthysse fan, but I don't agree. He's too slow. The punch is a big equalizer, but Mayweather's not hiding glass, he'll be able to take single punches unless they're perfect.

Alvarez has size and is naturally more gifted, at least I think he is. The style suggests Mayweather shouldn't have a problem unless he's off or the size is too much, but there's a bigger risk of that than Matthysse landing a knockout punch IMO.

Comment

Obviously a Canelo win is better for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              You know I'm a big Matthysse fan, but I don't agree. He's too slow. The punch is a big equalizer, but Mayweather's not hiding glass, he'll be able to take single punches unless they're perfect.

Alvarez has size and is naturally more gifted, at least I think he is. The style suggests Mayweather shouldn't have a problem unless he's off or the size is too much, but there's a bigger risk of that than Matthysse landing a knockout punch IMO.
              I think his speed is comparable to Canelo's infact he may even be quicker.

He brings pressure, skills, timing, one punch power in both hands.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'd beat Floyd but it's risky. Atleast as risky as Canelo I would say.

Only thing Canelo brings that Matthysse doesn't is size.

Agree to disagree though I see where you're coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I think his speed is comparable to Canelo's infact he may even be quicker.

He brings pressure, skills, timing, one punch power in both hands.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'd beat Floyd but it's risky. Atleast as risky as Canelo I would say.

Only thing Canelo brings that Matthysse doesn't is size.

Agree to disagree though I see where you're coming from.
                We'll see in a few days exactly what both these guys have. I'd say Matthysse has quicker feet, which would matter more against Mayweather than Alvarez's quicker hands, which won't matter if he can't ever get in range.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  We'll see in a few days exactly what both these guys have. I'd say Matthysse has quicker feet, which would matter more against Mayweather than Alvarez's quicker hands, which won't matter if he can't ever get in range.
                  If they fight Floyd will be 37 heading towards 38.

Been a while since he's fought a pressure fighter like Matthysse with skills to get into range and throw one punch power bombs in both hands.

Of course this is assuming he get's passed the GARSH.

Comment

Ooh one more thing.

Oscar needs another reality check. I think he'll get it on Saturday.

Comment

passing of the torch

Comment

Working...
                      X