No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: V. Klitschko Says He Will Likely Return, Haye Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    It seems a likely outcome, but I just can't get past Vitali's speed. He's incredibly slow. His brother struggled to land on Haye all night long, so I just can't see Vitali doing it either.

He can hope to KO Haye, and he does commit a lot more than Wlad, so that is of course a possibility. But Vitali would be easier than Wlad for Haye.
    Id favor haye by ud at this point. vitali looked dreadfully slow in his last 2 fights and he got hit way more than he used to. haye is just too young and quick for old vitali

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      It seems a likely outcome, but I just can't get past Vitali's speed. He's incredibly slow. His brother struggled to land on Haye all night long, so I just can't see Vitali doing it either.

He can hope to KO Haye, and he does commit a lot more than Wlad, so that is of course a possibility. But Vitali would be easier than Wlad for Haye.
      No way Vitali is easier than Wladimir. Dvery fighter would feel more pain against Vitali. Vitali wears you down and brutalizes you. Just look at wlad vs Sam Peter 1 and Vitali vs Sam Peter. Stylistcally Haye doesn't match up at all with Vitali. He's only got a puncher's chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
        No way Vitali is easier than Wladimir. Dvery fighter would feel more pain against Vitali. Vitali wears you down and brutalizes you. Just look at wlad vs Sam Peter 1 and Vitali vs Sam Peter. Stylistcally Haye doesn't match up at all with Vitali. He's only got a puncher's chance.
        Id agree with you 5 yrs ago but vitali has really gone downhill since then

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          Id agree with you 5 yrs ago but vitali has really gone downhill since then
          Vitali has clearly beaten chisora with one arm during 8 rounds. Manuel Charr was playing cat and mouse with Vitali. I suggest you to watch the fight in HD and focus only on Charr's face : for a guy who kept up his shell guard during for rounds he got hit often. Vitali was establishing his game plan. Charr only brushed Vitali's face with poor shots. Charr said he wanted Vitali for the 6 first rounds and then let the shots go. I believe it would have been translated in a knockout 7th-8th round for Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            That's because Wlad needs his target to be stationary, Vitali doesn't care he just lets his hands go. Even when he was injured against Chisora he threw 40/50 punches a round, Haye is the one who would need a KO.
            I disagree. Haye would probably pot shot Vitali to pretty good effect. He does throw a lot of punches, one of the highest rates in HW history I believe, but after watching his fights vs Charr and Chisora - even Solis to an extent, his punches are less precise and with a lot less snap on them. He just isn't what he used to be. I see him chasing Haye all night, but taking his fair share of counters. I definitely see the fight going the distance, and from then on it's a pick em fight.

Id favor haye by ud at this point. vitali looked dreadfully slow in his last 2 fights and he got hit way more than he used to. haye is just too young and quick for old vitali
            Agree. Vitali never really fought anyone that's as quick and explosive as Haye. Specially not since his comeback. Would be interesting. I still think it's a 50/50 - but probably Vitali the slight favourite, on merit. But he will have to do a lot to beat a game Haye.

Vitali is most definitely easier than Wlad at this stage. Wlad does everything better than Vitali at this stage of their careers. Vitali-Peter was 5 years ago - Wlad-Peter 1 was almost a decade ago. Things have changed.

Comment

Vitali has clearly beaten chisora with one arm during 8 rounds. Manuel Charr was playing cat and mouse with Vitali. I suggest you to watch the fight in HD and focus only on Charr's face : for a guy who kept up his shell guard during for rounds he got hit often. Vitali was establishing his game plan. Charr only brushed Vitali's face with poor shots. Charr said he wanted Vitali for the 6 first rounds and then let the shots go. I believe it would have been translated in a knockout 7th-8th round for Vitali.
              Whilst all of that may be true, he didn't dominate either of them heavily.

And Charr most certainly is no Haye.

Comment

Behemoths can be fast but look slow

Conventional boxing wisdom's misconception: Vitale's speed. He expends less energy in his latter years, takes his time, but is no slower.
                Because he is so long, to the viewer he sees the arms traveling and misreads the actual speed. Shannon Briggs and others will you he is very fast in actuality. Fighters enter into contests with this great champion thinking he is slower than he is and are shocked that they get hit so often, so hard, and so effectively by the kayo King.

Comment

Working...
                X