No announcement yet.

Who won? Beltran or Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I think the dislocated jaw had a lot to do with Ricky's power as well. As he said, he focused on just surviving and not getting hit on the jaw. Round 1 and 2 he looked much sharper and his punches had more snap behind them.
    He looked great in those rounds and showed flashes throughout, but on the whole this performance was almost as bad as the Gonzalez fight.

Comment

it's a fallacy that a one point victory can't be clear. if a fighter clearly wins 7 rounds and the judges don't score it properly, that's just as much a robbery as if he had clearly won all twelve rounds.

i had beltran winning by a wider margin than that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
        how did even 2 people vote burns?
        They are probably his cousins

Comment

Beltran obviously. I don't consider Burns a champion.

Comment

Now we know why burns ducked broner so hard

Comment

I wanna know where they got that POS ref from...the local pub??? I guess he though it was an mma fight with all that holding

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                The 115-112 Burns card was terrible. The others weren't. From what I saw, which was more than 80% of the fight, it was close. I've seen worse robberies this year.
                Beltran clearly and easily won 6 rounds and had a knock down. Yes there were 4 or 5 close rounds in that fight, but 7 of them were very clear and easy to score. With the knock down anything less than a 114 113 Beltran victory is a robbery.

Comment

lol this is the guy who was supposed to fight Broner???

I don't really like Broner all that much, but Burns is hot garbage. He even admitted in his interview he was trying to hold and not get punished. What kind of champ concedes that information?

Comment

Originally posted by TU PADRE View Post
                    I wanna know where they got that POS ref from...the local pub??? I guess he though it was an mma fight with all that holding
                    He was the same ref who botched the Malik Scot 10 count.

Comment

seriously, Broner would have destroyed Burns

Comment

Working...
                      X