No announcement yet.

Who won? Beltran or Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward need not come here and fight

If I was a foreign elite fighter I would never fight in the UK against a British boxer

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
      let him fight Katsidis
      Burns has already fought and beaten Katsidis

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        That's a crazy score, I'd like to see your card.

I didn't keep a card but from memory:

1. Burns
        2. Beltran
        3. Beltran
        4. Burns
        5. Beltran
        6. Burns
        7. Burns
        8. Beltran
        9. Beltran
        10. Beltran
        11. Burns
        12. Burns

113-114 me thinks

Beltran ahead cos of the KD.

IMO could have gone either way or a draw, deserves a rematch though!
        No way Burns won the 4th. I think you are mixing the 2nd and 4th rounds up on your card.

Comment

picked Beltran but wouldn't of been so disgusted at the draw if one judge hadn't scored it 115-112 Burns. many in the chat were saying draw or Beltran and the jokes about it being a majority draw were coming in thick and fast BEFORE it was announced.

sad that boxing decisions are a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
            Anyone else impressed with Beltran's chin? Ricky's clean right hands just bounced off him and he didn't even blink or seemed fazed ever at all.
            Ricky is not a very big puncher but Beltran ate the jabs and straight punches like skittles.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
              Burns didn't win the 11th and the 6th was a close round as well.

116 111 on my card. Best I could possibly see for Burns is a 114 113 loss.

As many on here know I hate the word robbery, but this was one plain and simple. Several rounds weren't close and Beltran clearly won 7 rounds with a knock down as well. No debate, this was a robbery plain and simple and the commentators said it best afterwards. Hell one of them said if the rolls were reserved the Brits would be screaming about a robbery. Easily the worst score card of the year imo.
              The 115-112 Burns card was terrible. The others weren't. From what I saw, which was more than 80% of the fight, it was close. I've seen worse robberies this year.

Comment

how did even 2 people vote burns?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
                  Anyone else impressed with Beltran's chin? Ricky's clean right hands just bounced off him and he didn't even blink or seemed fazed ever at all.
                  I think the dislocated jaw had a lot to do with Ricky's power as well. As he said, he focused on just surviving and not getting hit on the jaw. Round 1 and 2 he looked much sharper and his punches had more snap behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

If I was a foreign elite fighter I would never fight in the UK against a British boxer
                    True. Ward already almost got robbed when he fought Froch in America...he would almost certainly get robbed in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

They hardly ever do though do they to be fair?

The only elite foreigners that come over are Froch's opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X