No announcement yet.

Jeff Lacy Fights In Two Weeks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Lacy Fights In Two Weeks

I just saw he's fighting on September 21st.

I really hope it's not because he needs the money and he's just after one last run to satisfy his competitive juices.

I liked Jeff. He had a fantastic aura about him until Calzaghe took him apart.

Best of luck to him.

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    I just saw he's fighting on September 21st.

I really hope it's not because he needs the money and he's just after one last run to satisfy his competitive juices.

I liked Jeff. He had a fantastic aura about him until Calzaghe took him apart.

Best of luck to him.
    he had a fantastic hype bubble. was he actually good...........but but the hype bubble!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      he had a fantastic hype bubble. was he actually good...........but but the hype bubble!
      You & I are different types of fans, Daggum. I don't have an agenda or dislike fighters because of their fans etc.

Anyone who steps in the ring and gives it their all is fantastic by me. Doesn't matter if they have ten or 50 losses. I appreciate the effort they put in.

And pre Calzaghe the buzz around Lacy was exciting.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if the time off has helped his shoulder at all, he was pretty decent fighter before he became one handed

Comment

If your getting beat by grandad roy jones you should of retired years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
            If your getting beat by grandad roy jones you should of retired years ago
            Funnily enough, both Jones & Taylor looked good against Lacy long after both were shot.

Comment

I'm often asked at parties, "where were you when Jeff Lacy defended his IBF title against the great Omar Sheika?" and all the details come flooding back in my mind.. hearing the news on the radio while stuck in a traffic jam... many from the crowd of cars simultaneously received word of Jeff's win and blasted their car horns in a cacophony of jubilation, emerging from their vehicles to cheer, embrace, celebrate the victory together as brothers and sisters. It was the moment when I first realized Jeff had transcended the sport. Boxing was more than recreation, it was a way of life, a religion, it brought people together.
              Last edited by SN!PER; 09-05-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

You & I are different types of fans, Daggum. I don't have an agenda or dislike fighters because of their fans etc.

Anyone who steps in the ring and gives it their all is fantastic by me. Doesn't matter if they have ten or 50 losses. I appreciate the effort they put in.

And pre Calzaghe the buzz around Lacy was exciting.
                yeah but it was all a farce. As fans we shouldn't fall for that kind of hype just because hbo/showtime/the media want so and so to be good. this is how we got andre berto. did you see lacy fight? the omar sheika fight? terrible. outboxed by guys like rubin williams, donnell wiggins and syd vandepool before ko'ing them. rabbit punching robin reid over and over with clubbing sam peter punches.

reputation and reality did not match up. the division was such utter crap that a guy like lacy was built up when he actually sucked. he was a fake hero. Have you seen the dark knight? he was the fat guy who pretends to be batman while wearing hockey pads.

Comment

Funnily enough, both Jones & Taylor looked good against Lacy long after both were shot.
                  That speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    yeah but it was all a farce. As fans we shouldn't fall for that kind of hype just because hbo/showtime/the media want so and so to be good. this is how we got andre berto. did you see lacy fight? the omar sheika fight? terrible. outboxed by guys like rubin williams, donnell wiggins and syd vandepool before ko'ing them. rabbit punching robin reid over and over with clubbing sam peter punches.
                    That's the thing, Daggum. I don't care about hype, or reputation, or what the people with the lovely hair on HBO/SHowtime?etc are saying. I enjoyed watching Lacy when he was up & coming. He REALLY believed in himself & it was exciting to watch. There was an aura about him which I loved to watch.

It doesn't matter if he didn't go anywhere. I've been watching fighters for 40 years. I've seen dozens of Jeff Lacys just as I've seen the opposite (Steve Robinson who was 13-9-1 then went on a great streak).

I'm not having a dig at you. I like your posts but you're all about pushing fighters down from pedestals that others put them on. I like watching boxing whether it's a couple of guys at York Hall who will never even reach British level to watching guys like Lacy who was exciting for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                    X