No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roger Mayweather works with Adrien Broner in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contenders View Post
    A storyline for a future fight, perhaps? Broner with Roger in his corner against Floyd Jr. with Sr. in his corner? Maybe not, but then again, I wouldn't be completely surprised either.
    yeah that sounds like something they would do. its very "pro wrestling-ish"

Comment

Broner working with Roger great

Comment

Dammit! I was gonna say the same thing! lol this has WWF written all over it.

1st they're "brothers" who will never fight eachother.. Then they both start taking jabs at eachother (Mayweather publicly criticizing Broner because he's tired of the comparisons, and Broner's quote of saying he doesn't wanna fight his big bro because he "wants Mayweather to finish without a loss.").

Then Mayweather's dad becomes the head trainer for team Mayweather once again, Roger is put slightly on the backburner, is sort of disgruntled. Roger becomes the new trainer for Broner.. Epic breakup/rivalry matchup in the making..

It will sell, provided Broner holds up his end of the bargain and lives up to the hype.. It really would be an intriguing matchup, and a matchup I could see Floyd making perhaps his last fight of his 6 fight contract.. It would be a nice way for Floyd to go out on top, and would be a fight that most fans, even the "haters", would happily root for Floyd in because of how annoying Broner is.

It's a bit of a stretch, but it would be a money maker, and I'd love to see all of the above transpire.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid8Fire View Post
          Just cause Broner is being trained by Roger doesn't mean his style will change. I cant stand this dude simply because he tries to act like something he isn't. Then on top of that he pretty much disgraces the black community with is antics.
          He disgraces himself! I watch him as a boxer, not as my President, Mother, father or no other crap like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Contenders View Post
            A storyline for a future fight, perhaps? Broner with Roger in his corner against Floyd Jr. with Sr. in his corner? Maybe not, but then again, I wouldn't be completely surprised either.
            First thing that came to my mind. Roger wouldn't do it though...unless Floyd wanted him to.

Comment

Folks will make a mountain out of a molehill..he had one session with Roger while getting acclimated with the gym...it clearly says his trainer plans to train the fighters at the Mayweather gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                yeah that sounds like something they would do. its very "pro wrestling-ish"
                Exactly! Like somebody said though, maybe we're reading too much into this, but nothing would surprise me from the Mayweather camp. Not much at all.

Comment

Now that's what's up!

Comment

Spar Floyd I wish they'd let us see that session.

Comment

What did Big Floyd say about Broner that was so bad? Broner has fought relatively weak opposition till this point. If he wouldve said Broner was battle tested you guys would hate on that too.

Comment

Working...
                      X