No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Maidana's Style Can Give Broner Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flint View Post
    maidana has the power to knock broner out cold. but it won't happen. broner has some serious skills. because maidana does'nt move his head. broner will tag him all fight long. he can't hurt maidana but he will score at will. i have broner by decision
    i know what you say, Broner could school Chino for a couple of rounds, but for how long? He is not used to fight twelve rounds, so will he do it against a pressure fighter like Maidana? He doesn't have the footwork of Devon Alexander. He will be there to trade, and eventually get hit.

Comment

Broner likes to often turn to a wide stance it's a mistake he's been making since very very early in his career. It's gotten better but he does it sometimes while throwing combo's which leave him open to being taken off balance by a powerful shot whether it connects or not. I think those observing beyond the result of the fight have seen a few holes.

Comment

Broner ain't no Mayweather and that's the truth. Dude throwing punches with his mouth open is going to haunt him when he gets caught hard with a counter. I am not impressed by Broner. He's a wannabe Mayweather clone and that right there tells me that he don't have the longevity in him. I think a loss will humble him. Right now everything is flash and an act for him. Not sure that Maidana will beat him but it is a good fight for him because Maidana Comes to fight and hits hard. He can be outboxed but will have to see if Broner has the skills to do it.

Comment

I'm still curious as to whether Broner's power has traveled in weight. Paulie wasn't a very good opponent to test considering the guy is very seldom hurt.

Comment

Khan was way too slick for Maidana until his chin got involved and even then Amir never touched the deck. Maidana is heavy handed but not a TNT guy. His strength is in throwing shots from weird angles, often when when off balance. He can catch you by surprise, but Broner seems sturdy enough to take whatever gets through and I see Marcos getting a bit bewildered by the combos coming back in his direction. Wouldn't amaze me if Maidana even wilts late on. Whatever, Broner wins.

Comment

by style, this is a tough Broner win
              he'll get hit plenty and Maidana is dangerous to the end
              but expecting Broner to gut out a UD in an action fight
              he'll do more fighting than he should, but still box enough to win
              if he gets baited into an all out dogfight, of course he'll lose
              Broner's body is available; he doesn't wrap the ribcage well enough
              Maidana should throw downstairs first, then try the head
              he can punch, but he's so crude Broner should counter him to a win

Comment

I can't see Broner surviving Maidana, but hopefully the fight is made and we can see for ourselves. Broner's chin hasn't really been tested by a puncher yet. Maidana is going to be way stronger than him, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  if paulie had power. then he would've tried to brawl. and that would've gotten him hit even more by broner. dude you need to give it up. broner nor mayweather will lose.
                  Sorry but your a dumbass, even biscuit chin khan had an easier time with a younger malignaggi. Broner only knows how to fight one way

Comment

I've watched the fight several times. And I still fail to see all of these "connects" Paulie had against AB.

Comment

We'll see. I think the style matchup plays in Broner's favor, it's just a question of whether Broner is really a welterweight or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X