Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that believes Canelo will have a short career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I tend to agree is he's a big 24 year old. He'll have to move up in weight soon. The competition will get better plus hit a lot harder. I haven't seen enough to say he'll last against some of the stars in the higher weights. As far as the stamina issues I say it's a combination of stamina and not always fighting with a sense of urgency. His fight against Gomez would be a good example. Before the stoppage he was just going through the motion until he went for the KO. In the Mosely fight he said he was going for the KO but got gassed trying.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
      Regardless if he beats Mayweather I still think this kid will have a short career. He can't keep consistent after the 5th round? Out of all the current world champs Canelo just has the worse stamina that I've seen. His body still seems to be in that 8 round fight condition. He hasn't hired anyone to help him with that at all. It's like genetically his lungs can't take it for a full 12 rounds.
      Sounds about right. He's slow, inexperienced and will be drained for the fight.
      Floyd knows how to pick his cherries.

Comment

He will. Because he'll have enough money to retire in 2 years.

Comment

I think he does have stamina issues at times not that is a deal breaker or that bad but the problem is, he is facing a guy who doesn't tire and actually picks up the pace as the fight moves along if he tires he will look foolish like Mayweather makes everybody who slows down against him look.

Comment

His stamina issue is probably due to too much sex. The guy's too good-looking. Probably raped every corner he goes. By both sexes!

Comment

After this fght Regarless of the outcome Canelos going to probably be a regular on PPV so youd think he'll be fighting prime top notch fighters. I think he list to Trout and would lose to Lara and if he goes up in weight I don't really see him beating GGG , Martinez , Quillen, Ward. If Top Rank and GB can bury the hatchet a Mexican super fight with Chavez would be interesting. I don't think it'll be short but I don't think he'll be elite Oscar is going to juice him for all the $$$ he's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                His stamina issue is probably due to too much sex. The guy's too good-looking. Probably raped every corner he goes. By both sexes!
                Correct.

Doesn't help that he has a p4p snake (possibly ATG).

Comment

Once the kid is forced to fight Middleweights his career will be over

Comment

People are overplaying the stamina issue. Gee I wonder why!

Comment

Remember B Hop vs Kelly P????

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                      Regardless if he beats Mayweather I still think this kid will have a short career. He can't keep consistent after the 5th round? Out of all the current world champs Canelo just has the worse stamina that I've seen. His body still seems to be in that 8 round fight condition. He hasn't hired anyone to help him with that at all. It's like genetically his lungs can't take it for a full 12 rounds.
                      Fights are really won using your head & I'm looking at how B Hop schooled Kelly P. Floyd usually takes away what his opponents do best like B Hop did to Kelly. Canelo supporters are crying about the little 2lbs, this, that & the other. Haters would love to see Floyd lose but I see a tactical fight until Floyd opens a cut on thus kid in the 3rd or 4th rd and then its all down hill for the redhead from there.......

Comment

Working...
                      X