• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
    And you don't think Lucas is overrated?
    by me? no, I know what Matthysse is

on these boards? some here overrate him

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
      Shake and scratch your head all you want but the fact remains that Lucas' boxing is suspect. Go back and watch the Judah fight and tell me his boxing is good.
      that fight was three years ago and I scored it 116-111 for Lucas, go check the poll here, most have Matthysse winning that fight

Lucas did some good work in the center of the ring in that fight and outlanded Judah as well

but that fight was almost three years ago, he's developed more as a boxer since then

Comment

cotto by brutal KO

Comment

& ppl claim the Argentine is overrated.Which version of "Prime cotto"?The one that got constantly hurt by abdullaev or almost sparked by torres?Cause those guys are far superior in power,skill & chin department right? smh.I respect the hell out of cotto he's a warrior but he has an "off night" against Lucas & he wont be getting up from every knocked down.He has a tough fight with the version before alexander/Judah fight even a good chance of a close dec.This version though, lucas does what margarito did without plastered or trt.Everybody's entitled to their own opinion but don't act like cotto would destroy a granite chin knockout artist with ease,we saw what one did without chin/skill just power alone & that almost put cotto on queer street or did for a good minute.

Comment

What weight? 140 i think matt sparks him and early at that. 147 i dont kno how well matts punches will translate. 140 matt vs 147 cotto? Probably Cotto, He could box better than most ppl give him credit for. At 140 tho Cottos chin was real suspect and probably shouldve gotten stopped against Chop Chop:

9 mins in....and Cotto hits da chiccen dance

Cotto couldnt rocc with the top 140 pounders of his day so i dont think the could just push over the ones today either

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              Cotto can't fight backing up for 12 rounds, his best chance would be to try and get Matthysse's respect early ala his fight with Mosley
              Wasn't Cotto's power, that took mosley out of his groove, it was Cotto's jab.

You don't try to gain a bull's respect by butting heads with it. That's what Pedersen tried to do and he got KOed. You gotta tire that fawker out then take him out later. To bad Cotto's stamina is garbage so that's not as viable a gamelan for him.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                What weight? 140 i think matt sparks him and early at that. 147 i dont kno how well matts punches will translate. 140 matt vs 147 cotto? Probably Cotto, He could box better than most ppl give him credit for. At 140 tho Cottos chin was real suspect and probably shouldve gotten stopped against Chop Chop:

9 mins in....and Cotto hits da chiccen dance

Cotto couldnt rocc with the top 140 pounders of his day so i dont think the could just push over the ones today either
                Da fuck? Why should the ref have stopped that fight? Cotto did what Mares should learn to do.

Comment

Originally posted by InevitableTruth View Post
                  & ppl claim the Argentine is overrated.Which version of "Prime cotto"?The one that got constantly hurt by abdullaev or almost sparked by torres?Cause those guys are far superior in power,skill & chin department right? smh.I respect the hell out of cotto he's a warrior but he has an "off night" against Lucas & he wont be getting up from every knocked down.He has a tough fight with the version before alexander/Judah fight even a good chance of a close dec.This version though, lucas does what margarito did without plastered or trt.Everybody's entitled to their own opinion but don't act like cotto would destroy a granite chin knockout artist with ease,we saw what one did without chin/skill just power alone & that almost put cotto on queer street or did for a good minute.
                  All you guys keep saying is "the Cotto that got hurt and almost lost." Well the fact is he didn't lose, until Margacheato... Mattyse did he lost to Judah. Cotto put a BEAT DOWN on a fresher version of the same guy. It's not a triangle theory it's a comparison. Someone else mentioned that Cotto didn't have the stamina to run for 12 rounds, but there was only 2 people to press Cotto that much Margarito and Manny. Margarito was a massive WW that's not taken into account his wraps. Manny is one of the best P4P punchers of all time and an ATG overall, Mattyse is getting tagged by a jab all night, he doesn't have great defense himself. I just see Cotto winning a pretty wide decision in a very competitive fight still. The jab and Cotto's head to body combinations would be too much for Mattyse to apply Marg/Manny type pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    All you guys keep saying is "the Cotto that got hurt and almost lost." Well the fact is he didn't lose, until Margacheato... Mattyse did he lost to Judah. Cotto put a BEAT DOWN on a fresher version of the same guy. It's not a triangle theory it's a comparison. Someone else mentioned that Cotto didn't have the stamina to run for 12 rounds, but there was only 2 people to press Cotto that much Margarito and Manny. Margarito was a massive WW that's not taken into account his wraps. Manny is one of the best P4P punchers of all time and an ATG overall, Mattyse is getting tagged by a jab all night, he doesn't have great defense himself. I just see Cotto winning a pretty wide decision in a very competitive fight still. The jab and Cotto's head to body combinations would be too much for Mattyse to apply Marg/Manny type pressure.
                    cotto was gassed against mayorga and more so against Trout

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                      cotto was gassed against mayorga and more so against Trout
                      Good thing the thread is about prime Cotto, not over the hill Cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X