Matthyse Vs. Prime Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King_Rome View Post
    Who do you think wins that matchup?
    Cotto prime is at 147 so I think he beats Matthysse convincingly. Cotto is better than Judah and Alexander...yes I know different styles but I think Cotto would have had what it takes to beat Matthysse and possible stop him with body shots. IMO Matthysse wouldn't know what to do with Cotto's jab

Comment

Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
      I mean, if Corley and Torres rocked him...
      Prime Cotto was at 147. 140 his chin was weaker cause of the extra 7 pounds he had to lose.

Comment

Matthyse at 140 wins by ko. Cotto cannot be taken seriously with his poor stamina EVER
        Last edited by solo20; 08-31-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike86 View Post
          Cotto was such a beast prior to the 1st Margarito fight.. Til this day, I still wonder how Cotto's career would've went had he not gotten beat up by Margarito. I still believe he (Margarito) has plaster in his gloves.. Anybody else on this board feel that way? Anyway, it's amazing how much one fight can turn a fighter's career in a certain direction, for better or worse.

To the topic at hand, I'd take Cotto prior to the Margarito loss against almost anybody during that time period.
          A win over Margarito the first time was to set up a fight with De La Hoya later that year and if that happen Cotto was going to walk all over Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
            End of thread, the expert has spoken. This pretentious ******* thinks he's some kind of boxing savant when he is just a ****gobbling Floyd nuthugger.

Had this fight happended it would have been the ultimate boxer puncher showdown. I give the edge to Cotto but I certainly wouldn't bet my house on it.
            relax bro, don't get so mad

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Entirely different beasts, and Cotto at 140 had a question mark on his Chin.

Just watch the Ricardo Tores fight. Or when he was put on queer street against Abdullaev. Cotto use to have lapses and just sit on the ropes. He isn'tnearly as fast or skilled defensively as Judah.

This cotto doesn't even get close to beating Lucas, sorry. Too many lapses, too subsceptible to right hands down the pipe. Looks like trash here against an overmatched opponent. Watch what happens the moment Abdu throws a punch.

Do you actually think Lucas can box? Please name a fight where Lucas displayed good and well balanced boxing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                Do you actually think Lucas can box? Please name a fight where Lucas displayed good and well balanced boxing ability.
                SMFH lol

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  not surprising most people here still overrating prime cotto, extremely overrated fighter. just proves most people on this forum are more/less casual fans

cottos hype really kicked in after Floyd beat hatton, because cotto was the mainstream medias answer to dethrone mayweather

when Floyd tried making the fight with cotto, arum fed Bruseles to him instead

even cotto said during the build up to his fight with Floyd, that His team didn't think he was ready when they were both at 140

I was a big cotto fan but he had glaring flaws in his game, even at 140 pounds, fortunately he was matched up well
                  And you don't think Lucas is overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                    Problem with this is Matthysse hasn't hit prime yet.
                    he's 30 years old, he's in the last couple years of "prime" by most standards

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                      SMFH lol
                      Shake and scratch your head all you want but the fact remains that Lucas' boxing is suspect. Go back and watch the Judah fight and tell me his boxing is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X