Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthyse Vs. Prime Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto was such a beast prior to the 1st Margarito fight.. Til this day, I still wonder how Cotto's career would've went had he not gotten beat up by Margarito. I still believe he (Margarito) has plaster in his gloves.. Anybody else on this board feel that way? Anyway, it's amazing how much one fight can turn a fighter's career in a certain direction, for better or worse.

To the topic at hand, I'd take Cotto prior to the Margarito loss against almost anybody during that time period.

Comment

Lucas has better defense than Cotto, Lucas also doesn't fade late in fights

I'm on record saying Lucas would beat Cotto if they ever fought (this Lucas vs 140 Cotto)

And for the dude trying to draw conclusions based on the Judah/Matthysse fight

Judah fights nothing like Cotto. I honestly can't think of one thing in Cottos arsenal that could give Lucas problems

I'd say I'd favor Lucas 60/40 in that fight, only because Cotto was still really good back then

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
        it really depends if Matthysse can land enough heavy punches and if Cotto can take that power. if Cotto slugs it out, he might be taking a dirt nap... but if he moves and boxes he could pull a Judah and Devon and win on decision.
        Cotto can't fight backing up for 12 rounds, his best chance would be to try and get Matthysse's respect early ala his fight with Mosley

Comment

I'd go with Cotto because I think that his all-around game was better. He certainly wouldn't do well standing in front of and brawling with Matthysse, but I don't think he'd even try to do that and from the outside I think he'd have faster hands and better boxing. He might have to get off the floor to do it and Matthysse might also from a body shot, but I'd take Cotto by decision.

Comment

Prime Cotto stops Matthysse in a war.

Comment

Lucas would try to open up with bombs and Cotto would answer back by assaulting his body and mixing it up to the head until Lucas went gunshy. Once Matthyse learned he was facing a terminator, this machine who never stopped coming, building pressure, he'd realize the end was near!

Comment

You mofos need to get off Matthyses dick. He's a good fighter, I want to see him succeed and do well in Boxing. Especially against the Garcia camp but he isn't beating no Prime Cotto. Cotto convincingly beat a way better Judah. He was beating quality opponents. Malignaggi back in 2006 was a VERY good fighter. This is 2013, he is still good but age gets us all. Mosley was fighting great at that time and Cotto beat him.

Matthyse does not have the boxing skills of Cotto. That's really what seperates them. I'd even say basic-ass Garcia has more skills than Matthyse. Matthyse has some hellacious power though.

Comment

Cotto in a tough but clear victory.

Comment

Prime Cotto was/is too good for him. I think Cotto would weather an early storm and then just break him down. Prime Cotto was a terminator.

Lucas is about to get the latin beat out of him by Swift in two weeks

Then ya'll will feel pretty ****ty for even having Lucas even mentioned in the same sentence as Prime Cotto

Comment

I mean, if Corley and Torres rocked him...

Comment

Working...
                      X