No announcement yet.

Dirty Little Boxing Secrets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hop View Post
    Still struggling with Devon Alexander, but I'm warming up to him too.
    No can't stand Alexander, the guy cant throw punches. And this is gonna sound funny but Ali and Leonard move around the ring too much for me. Think Ward it boring. But Lara/Floyd/Rigo just speak to me.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      It's all good but do you think they are better to watch then Ali or Leonard?
      In a word, "no". The only fight involving the guys of today whom I mentioned in my post that would pique my interest like prime fights of MA & SRL would be Mayweather-Pacquiao. Yes, I'm a diehard holdout, but readily admit that the prime window for that one was, of course, immediately after Pacquiao-Hatton. The greatest fight nEVER!

Comment

Bold, very bold, ISH. I enjoy watching the fights of Mayweather, Rigondeaux, Hopkins, Ward, and the Klitschkos. How about that?!
        See this is what i dont get about myself. I think Hop,Ward and the Kilts are boring as ****. But I love watching Mayweather/Rigo/Lara/Toney/Crawford.

I hate the way Ray/Ali moves for the sake of it.

Comment

In a word, "no". The only fight involving the guys of today whom I mentioned in my post that would pique my interest like prime fights of MA & SRL would be Mayweather-Pacquiao. Yes, I'm a diehard holdout, but readily admit that the prime window for that one was, of course, immediately after Pacquiao-Hatton. The greatest fight nEVER!
          agreed, even as last as 2010/11 the fight would have been great fun.

straight after hatton the fight was 50/50, i could envisage either guy winning it but not it's a mayweather fight, still tough, still hard, will hurt may more than any fighter but pacquiao isn't a beast any more....i think he's matured as a person and that's affected him in the ring lol good for him, bad for us

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
            See this is what i dont get about myself. I think Hop,Ward and the Kilts are boring as ****. But I love watching Mayweather/Rigo/Lara/Toney/Crawford.

I hate the way Ray/Ali moves for the sake of it.
            Well, I can sort of see the difference between those of today you like and those you find boring (though I enjoy them all). You tend to like the quicker-popping fighters.

Believe it or not I do have some similar feelings about Ray & Ali at times (or Naseem). I personally do not like 'showboating', and HATE it when it unfairly influences the judges! 'Showmanship' by itself does not = boxing credit.

Comment

That's Interest. Im talking about pure enjoyment from the style of boxing. Basically against Bums I'd rather watch Floyd destroy someone I.e Gatti, rather than Ali i.e Cleveland Williams.

I am in NO WAY saying Floyd or any of the other have had better fights, that's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                agreed, even as last as 2010/11 the fight would have been great fun.

straight after hatton the fight was 50/50, i could envisage either guy winning it but not it's a mayweather fight, still tough, still hard, will hurt may more than any fighter but pacquiao isn't a beast any more....i think he's matured as a person and that's affected him in the ring lol good for him, bad for us
                Yeah, SS. Though I detest Floyd's narcissism, he honestly was my pick to win, even right after Pac-Hatton. Now, of course, more so, though unlike many I have not 'given up' on Manny. I thought he 1) was outrageously robbed in the Bradley fight, and 2) actually looked quite good indeed vs. Marquez before the KO. JMM is a very good fighter, of course, but I think his minutes were numbered. MP just got a tad too aggressive.

But if Floyd beats Canelo, and Manny disposes impressively with Bam Bam. You know what fight I'll be calling for!

Comment

Well, I can sort of see the difference between those of today you like and those you find boring (though I enjoy them all). You tend to like the quicker-popping fighters.

Believe it or not I do have some similar feelings about Ray & Ali at times (or Naseem). I personally do not like 'showboating', and HATE it when it unfairly influences the judges! 'Showmanship' by itself does not = boxing credit.
                  Not boring, but excessive movement dilutes their brilliance to me.
                  Prefer Old school fighters like Graziano. Who had skills but would stand in front of you. Everyone should fight like James Toney. Toney Vs Barkley is my favorite fight to watch. So funny when the commentators think Toney's gonna be in trouble on the inside.

Comment

I thought Bradley outworked Pac enough in many rounds to earn a close decision....
                    When I saw the fight live, I scored it a draw and expected them to give it to Pac. I was as shocked as everyone else when Bradley got the nod. Honestly, I think Manny took a lot of rounds off and wasn't active enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                      I thought Bradley outworked Pac enough in many rounds to earn a close decision....
                      When I saw the fight live, I scored it a draw and expected them to give it to Pac. I was as shocked as everyone else when Bradley got the nod. Honestly, I think Manny took a lot of rounds off and wasn't active enough.
                      Respectfully, my card was 118-110, Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X