How would you rate this HW era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
    Like Tyson Fury.
    Like every other heavyweight of this era.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      Like every other heavyweight of this era.
      What's wrong with this era?

Comment

It was very bad until recently. Last three years or so have been a step in the right direction.

It's not that all of these suck it's more like up until recently a lot of these top guys weren't fighting each other or they would maybe have one decent match-up all the while padding their record in hopes of getting a shot at Vitali or Wlad

Comment

Its definitely not the strongest.

But its made even worse by the top fighters (excluding WK) not fighting each other regularly enough.

The top contenders are more content sitting and waiting for a title shot rather than testing themselves.

How are we supposed to know if Fury/Wilder/Jennings/Pulev are actually top contenders if they arent fighting each other? (I left Povetkin off because he has been taking on some better opp recently, even so he hasnt fought any of the other top 5 guys)

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            What's wrong with this era?
            Come on, what's great about it???

There are no contenders in this era that would be titlists in other era's.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              In reality I think it's in-between, like a 6 or 7 out of 10.

However, the perception is that it's a 3/10, so for that reason it's heavily underrated.
              I think a lot of the narrative being written by the pundits and "hardcore" fans has sort of seeped into the general boxing consciousness in a toxic way. A lot of them think Holyfield and Lewis were fighting top 10 killers every fight. A premier fighter prob has 3-4 really big fights in their career. The rest are against also-rans. The wlads and Mayweathers are the exception not the rule. There's a bunch of exciting fighters at HW

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                This makes me wonder that if all the top welterweights were European and all the top cruiserweights were American if Cruiserweight would be considered the best division in boxing. I think it might...

Not complaining, US media should promote their own fighters. Just saying.
                Nonsense! There's no american champ or prospect in the light heavy but it is considered a very good division.

Comment

It's starting to improve although we still don't see enough fights between the top guys. t least the 80s had some solid match ups. Where's Pulev v Pov v Wilder v Jennings a bunch of other guys, they just wait around for the Wlad payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    Come on, what's great about it???

There are no contenders in this era that would be titlists in other era's.
                    It's getting old, let it go man.

Comment

Working...
                    X