No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse Says Garcia Will Crumble From The Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    a couple of weeks ago it was danny saying that lucas was an ordinary fighter, just another one in his career, but if lucas says it, is overconfident??
    peterson and garcia both have 16 KO each, i know that lamont has a couple of fights more, but seriously i think people overrate danny's power
    Listen, this is pretty simple. What's Danny KO ratio? 60% if that, a bit over half the fights he fought and if you look at his fights during the last couple years his Ko ratio is around 20% while Matthysse ratio during the same period is 100%.
    Of course Matthysse has much more KO power in his hands than overrated Garcia. Its only trolls saying otherwise. Dont feed the trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Only 100 B? Come on Rip, my 5 T to your 5 T, Matthysse KO's Garcia. Anything other than a Matthysse KO and you win.
      I call this "a statement".
      Any answer so far?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        I call this "a statement".
        Any answer so far?
        Not yet. He's one of the few Danny fans that actually has a few points.

Comment

Danny can be easy to hit by fighters who vary their rhythm and the way they launch punches and combos (starter jab, step/lunge, telegraphing footwork etc). Lucas, to generate power, always lunges forward with his left foot and bobs before unleashing bombs. To a boxer with good timing, Lucas's Tua-style punching technique is more telegraphed than flowing through off of feints, because they can expect it every time he bobs. If Matthysse doesn't seriously hurt Danny with the right hand over the top (IMO he could very well do it early in the fight before becoming too predictable), Danny will adjust to Matthysse's movements like pad work and eventually land his bombs, which could very well make Lucas gun-shy like he was against Zab. I know it was years ago since the last time Lucas was dropped in the amateurs, but I think Lucas needs to fight smart, counter more instead of being relentless and try to exploit Danny's - slow to return to the guard - left hand. He should have success if he circles to the right and sends the right hand over Danny's left, because Danny sometimes doesn't see those shots coming. But I think Danny's lean-away left hook - as fúcked up as it looks - will disrupt Lucas's overhand right because I can't see Lucas pulling it off as a counter against Danny without lunging in (counter hits shoulder as Danny leans away to the right). I don't wish a Pac-Marquez IV ending on Lucas, but the way he transfers all his weight towards his opponent while lunging.. That will eventually be exploited..

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
            Listen, this is pretty simple. What's Danny KO ratio? 60% if that, a bit over half the fights he fought and if you look at his fights during the last couple years his Ko ratio is around 20% while Matthysse ratio during the same period is 100%.
            Of course Matthysse has much more KO power in his hands than overrated Garcia. Its only trolls saying otherwise. Dont feed the trolls!
            We will NEVER know unless both fighters fought the SAME victims under the SAME conditions.

Both Danny AND Lucas fought ZAB. NONE of them knocked him out.

Has Garcia fought Peterson?

Has Garcia fought Dallas?

Your math sounds impressive but does not add up.

Garcia has never driven a colorful cab in Argentina.

Spread the word son.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
              Danny can be easy to hit by fighters who vary their rhythm and the way they launch punches and combos (starter jab, step/lunge, telegraphing footwork etc). Lucas, to generate power, always lunges forward with his left foot and bobs before unleashing bombs. To a boxer with good timing, Lucas's Tua-style punching technique is more telegraphed than flowing through off of feints, because they can expect it every time he bobs. If Matthysse doesn't seriously hurt Danny with the right hand over the top (IMO he could very well do it early in the fight before becoming too predictable), Danny will adjust to Matthysse's movements like pad work and eventually land his bombs, which could very well make Lucas gun-shy like he was against Zab. I know it was years ago since the last time Lucas was dropped in the amateurs, but I think Lucas needs to fight smart, counter more instead of being relentless and try to exploit Danny's - slow to return to the guard - left hand. He should have success if he circles to the right and sends the right hand over Danny's left, because Danny sometimes doesn't see those shots coming. But I think Danny's lean-away left hook - as fúcked up as it looks - will disrupt Lucas's overhand right because I can't see Lucas pulling it off as a counter against Danny without lunging in (counter hits shoulder as Danny leans away to the right). I don't wish a Pac-Marquez IV ending on Lucas, but the way he transfers all his weight towards his opponent while lunging.. That will eventually be exploited..

Yes. I also think Lucas is a bit too certain about his "power" and I think it may be his downfall against Garcia. He does get wild and I think Garcia has a bit more discipline in the ring and this will pay off over the course of the fight. I see Danny as being the better boxer in this match up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                Wow, that's one hell of a triangle you've got there in your sigline.
                Matthysse is faster than Garcia, has the good habit of keeping his hands up and is well aware of Garcia's left hook, the only weapon Danny has. On the other hand Matthysse can pretty much drop him with both hands, hitting anywhere from top of the head like with Peterson, kidney shots which is one of his specialties but we haven seen recently and of course (Dear God if he lands one on Danny!) a punch to the jaw.
                Matthysse is going to be as careful and respectful as he alway is. Before the Peterson fight he said he was fighting 12 rounds, AFTER the Peterson fight he said the same thing when asked if he was looking for an early KO. The fact is, Lucas doesnt look for early KOs, he just puts pressure, terrific timing and power in those punches. The rest occur naturally.

Comment

The idea that Garcia has devastating power came from him knocking out Khan and Morales. It's utterly delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneLocust View Post
                    The idea that Garcia has devastating power came from him knocking out Khan and Morales. It's utterly delusional.
                    Perhaps but Garcia took out Arnoutis when Ricardo Torres could not. Garcia ALSO took out Morales when Maidana could not.

SOMETHING tells me Garcia has a decent punch.

The eye of the tiger was already formed at the age of 12 bro. ACCEPT IT. Look into those cold blooded eyes... SON OF ANGEL 9/14/13

Comment

• not good news for Garcia

Comment

Working...
                      X