Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Floyd take extra punishment from cotto to get him tired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CokeCider View Post
    i mean Floyd was getting beat up in round 8 then cotto was gassed out after that , was that floyds plan, did he takes a couple of extra shots , or did cotto best him in that round?
    NO... If that was his goal, he could have made Cotto miss all night and Cotto would have gassed sooner. Cotto made it a compelling fight for sure and Floyd had NO say in the matter.

Comment

Cotto beat Floyd 1 round out of 12, is that what you want to remind us all of today?

Comment

Lol @ this thread

Comment

I think Mayweather tried to stand and fight but was hit more than we were use to seeing him hit. I don't think he was ever in danger of losing the fight but it was surprising to see Cotto put forth that kind of effort and even more surprising to see Mayweather look so ordinary. I was hesitant to get that fight because I thought it would have been a blow out but I'm glad I did. I still think it was a dominant performance by Mayweather, he just looked more ordinary than usual. The Guerrero fight was a nice bounce back.

Comment

Maybe its the fact that cotto is a tough fight for anyone, and a really good fighter,,,

when you face top level guys, your are bound to get hit,,, thats boxing,,

I didnt see ghost landing anything on may....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Maybe its the fact that cotto is a tough fight for anyone, and a really good fighter,,,

when you face top level guys, your are bound to get hit,,, thats boxing,,

I didnt see ghost landing anything on may....
              Ghost and his father, the fake bootleg Angel Garcia, got exposed as journeymen...

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Floyd said openly he will stand and not run , Roach and 90% of this forum said his legs are shot and Floyd was only saying it because of that , Guerrero proved his legs are great ,

Only conclusion is that Floyd did exactly as he said he was going to do against Cotto and got a blood nose that was twisted in here to being beat up LOL
                but i don't see the ghost as good as cotto in running after floyd.....

also, cotto has more hand speed....

Comment

Originally posted by CokeCider View Post
                  i mean Floyd was getting beat up in round 8 then cotto was gassed out after that , was that floyds plan, did he takes a couple of extra shots , or did cotto best him in that round?

I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                    but i don't see the ghost as good as cotto in running after floyd.....

also, cotto has more hand speed....
                    Cotto didn't cut the ring Floyd didn't move , with Guerrero his legs were like a dancer every round , Floyd could have made Cotto such and easy fight if he had of boxed at range but from Mosley Ortiz and then Cotto he said publicly that he was going to stand and fight and he did , enough so that all these people were saying his legs are gone .

Cotto was in beautiful shape for that fight I don't think he has fast hands I think he has great timing when he is on the boil , Cotto has a bit of a rocking horse kinda style and good timing and its gives the impression of fast hands , I remember Floyd going back after a couple of rounds and saying to Roger he is very strong , it was probably the most motivated Cotto has been for any fight .

Comment

that was prob floyds best effort. life and death for him, another day in the office for cotto .it was just so tiring fighting someone fleeing for their life.!! i dnt think it was on purpose

Comment

Working...
                      X