Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan will beat Alexander. Styles make fights, Alexander boxing and holding back plays to Khan's hands all day long. Holding plays to Khan too because that is what he does, hit and hold, or combo and run, and hold if chased down.

Letting Khan reset is a big problem if you can't commit. Diaz has decent power even if Khan looked like ****. The main thing is, will Khan find 147 better for his weight issues. He is a tall guy and looked thin at 140 towards the end, like his face was gaunt.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGenius View Post
      Man you are so Biased... and its so ****ing pathetic.
      I dont think anyone takes you seriously anymore.
      Clown
      Aww shut up ya whiny Lil b1tch..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I'm saying he only looks good against similar level opponents. Gatekeepers like Soto and Lopez. When he steps up to fight world class boxers like Kotelnik, Khan and Alexander - he loses.

The only reason you think he's improved is because he's fighting fringe level opponents that are more suited to his strengths.
        even less can be said for khan at this point who did in fact go life and death with julio diaz and got dropped...diaz' claim to a ww ranking is a draw with shawn porter

My reasoning is that one was fought over 12 and another over 10. If you want to discount the difference, then you're ignorant. Why was Maidana-Alexander fought over 10 I wonder. Same with Alexander-Mattyhsse. It gave Alexander a huge mental edge before the fight even started.
        so let's say I follow ur reasoning (I don't agree with it but let's leave it at that), alexander was still in full control of the fight over 10...it wouldn't have changed anything...nobody then and nobody now believes maidana can win a decision against alexander...I am however sure a lot of people believe maidana could KO khan

I also think matthysse clearly beat alexander over 10 so I don't see how that mental edge applies to that fight

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          even less can be said for khan at this point who did in fact go life and death with julio diaz and got dropped...diaz' claim to a ww ranking is a draw with shawn porter
          Why are you bringing up Khan? I thought we were talking about Maidana. This is a common theme among Maidana sympathisers - "hur dur well Khan looked bad against Diaz".

Yeah Khan has also won multiple world titles and beaten world class opponents - what about Marcos?

so let's say I follow ur reasoning (I don't agree with it but let's leave it at that), alexander was still in full control of the fight over 10...it wouldn't have changed anything...nobody then and nobody now believes maidana can win a decision against alexander...I am however sure a lot of people believe maidana could KO khan

I also think matthysse clearly beat alexander over 10 so I don't see how that mental edge applies to that fight
          Matthysse is a better fighter than Maidana so Alexander's little 10 round stipulation didn't work there. It can be easy to look great if you're allowed to pick how many rounds you box.

If we take the first 9 rounds of Khan-Maidana and then say Khan had 1 round left to just play safe, no one would think Maidana would have a shot against Khan either. Khan was in total control until the championship rounds.
          Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 08-21-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            It's not an indication of how good Maidana is compared to the division as a whole, only those that are fighting towards the WBA belt of the WW division. Maidana is not the #1 ranked WW, he is the WBA #1. There is a sizable difference. Maidana is barely a top 10 WW.

With regards to Joe Cooper performance, sure he gave him a warning for the first, I don't think it was justfied as pushing is a very usual and normal "crime" in boxing. I haven't seen anyone before or since getting a point, let alone two, deducted for pushing. The last point, in the end of the last round for a silly push that was just Khan getting Peterson off him, who was coming in with his head, was completely ridiculous.

And take away those points, which should have never been deducted, and the 1st KD, Khan clearly won the fight. Even just the last part would have earned him a draw I think.

Either way you look at it, Khan did not CLEARLY lose. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been talking about it for years.
            yeah but u seem to avoid my point which is me discrediting ur comment about alexander's win over maidana because he was supposedly past his prime and moving up...right now he's an established welterweight contender with two stoppage wins over other ranked contenders which voids what u said

wladimir klitschko uses those tactics which is why many people believe he doesn't leave europe...he gets away with it there. pushing is usually done when a fighter can't fend off an opponent working on the inside (fury-cunningham being another example though not a great one)

two facts:
            -the first KD was a slip...peterson got up instantly and was never in danger of being stopped
            -peterson was not coming in with his head at that time as he was already in the phone booth teeing off punches on khan which resulted into khan pushing him down....peterson didn't do a bradley or anything

Comment

yeah but u seem to avoid my point which is me discrediting ur comment about alexander's win over maidana because he was supposedly past his prime and moving up...right now he's an established welterweight contender with two stoppage wins over other ranked contenders which voids what u said

wladimir klitschko uses those tactics which is why many people believe he doesn't leave europe...he gets away with it there. pushing is usually done when a fighter can't fend off an opponent working on the inside (fury-cunningham being another example though not a great one)

two facts:
              -the first KD was a slip...peterson got up instantly and was never in danger of being stopped
              -peterson was not coming in with his head at that time as he was already in the phone booth teeing off punches on khan which resulted into khan pushing him down....peterson didn't do a bradley or anything
              As I already said before, past his prime are probably not the best words to use, but he didn't fight the best Maidana. He fought him at a new weightclass, and he was coming off inactivity and against low rated opponents, whereas he was a top contender coming off fighting against top fighters vs Khan.

Well, clinching is worse than pushing, let's just get that straight. My whole point on that, was that Alexander gets away with clinching 100+ times whereas Khan gets 2 points deducted for 18 pushes? or whatever? I mean come on. It was a hometown decision and hometown referee. What's there to dispute? Even with the points taken, and only one KD given, I had it 114-113 Khan. But oh well.

He came in with his head first a lot that night. Forgive Khan for pushing him away. Regarding the KD, I think Peterson himself said that the first was more of a KD than the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Why are you bringing up Khan? I thought we were talking about Maidana. This is a common theme among Maidana sympathisers - "hur dur well Khan looked bad against Diaz".

Yeah Khan has also won multiple world titles and beaten world class opponents - what about Marcos?
                lmao because ur reasoning here includes how khan is better than alexander...in case u're confused I've been mentioning khan in reference to maidana AND alexander in all my posts and u're mentioning him in the same manner just with a different opinion

Matthysse is a better fighter than Maidana so Alexander's little 10 round stipulation didn't work there. It can be easy to look great if you're allowed to pick how many rounds you box.
                right.....it only applies when he actually wins a 10 round fight....

If we take the first 9 rounds of Khan-Maidana and then say Khan had 1 round left to just play safe, no one would think Maidana would have a shot against Khan either. Khan was in total control until the championship rounds.
                again I'm not basing my opinion on hypotheses, we actually got to see the whole 12 which included 3 rounds of khan on spaghetti legs, namely the tenth

Comment

Really a close one here...super close. I give Alexander the edge just because he beat the **** outta Maidana. Other than that is a push. If we include Khan's Olympic achievements then it gives him the edge.

Comment

it's clearly Khan
                    he recovered his career very well after Prescott KO'd him
                    the "loss" to Peterson is bullshit, hometown ref helped rob him
                    Khan shoulda beat Garcia and still would if they rematch
                    think Garcia just got lucky in that fight
                    Alexander the twat quit in his big fight vs Bradley, stunk it out
                    Kotelnik and Lucas clearly beat his ass

Comment

• Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                      lmao because ur reasoning here includes how khan is better than alexander...in case u're confused I've been mentioning khan in reference to maidana AND alexander in all my posts and u're mentioning him in the same manner just with a different opinion
                      We're comparing Khan and Alexander's wins over Maidana.

You claim Maidana is a "better fighter" now. I said that's because he's fighting weaker, more suitable opposition.

How do you then come back with "DURRR Khan looked bad against Diaz" as a viable retort?

Khan has held world titles and beaten numerous world class fighters. I ask again - Has Maidana?

right.....it only applies when he actually wins a 10 round fight....
                      It applies any time a fighter gets to choose how many rounds they fight. The fact that you discount this very salient point shows how ignorant you are. Just because it backfired against a better fighter in Matthysse doesn't mean that Alexander didn't use the 10 round stipulation to try to gain a huge advantage against two fighters who are dangerous up until the 12th and final round.

Comment

Working...
                      X