Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan has faced better fighters...but that doesnt mean he will win. Styles make fights as we all know.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Storm View Post
      Both fighters have a good resume and have fought good fighters..Alexander has one loss, Khan has three..I'd give the edge to Alexander as far as resume goes..
      Except that Alexander also has three losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Nothing farfetched about it. There is a huge mental and physical strain fighting for 12 rounds as opposed to just 10. There is no way you can rank Alexander's win over Maidana above Khan's
        ur reasoning: woulda, coulda, shoulda

and yes I can... if khan and alexander would fight maidana 10 times the fights would play out in different ways (this is exactly why people called for a rematch, which khan sternly refused)...if ur basing ur opinion on a so called predisposed mental edge then u're really ignoring the fact a win is meant to indicate who's better. based on overall performance between khan and alexander against maidana, alexander should be deemed the better fighter

based on resume it's a toss up

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          ur reasoning: woulda, coulda, shoulda

and yes I can... if khan and alexander would fight maidana 10 times the fights would play out in different ways (this is exactly why people called for a rematch, which khan sternly refused)...if ur basing ur opinion on a so called predisposed mental edge then u're really ignoring the fact a win is meant to indicate who's better. based on overall performance between khan and alexander against maidana, alexander should be deemed the better fighter

based on resume it's a toss up
          Based on Kotelnik, Khan would smoke Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Ok lmao..Like I said,no call missed flight and fighting a month later..Sure your right..
            Man you are so Biased... and its so ****ing pathetic.
            I dont think anyone takes you seriously anymore.
            Clown

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              10 rounds vs 12 rounds.

it's lame that it went 10 rounds, but it's not as much of an issue as you seem to believe. maidana was lost at sea by the end of the alexander fight. two round wouldn't have mattered. what's worse, alexander took his best gas, because he was @ 147 and has a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

styles make fights. khan and kotelnik don't fight at all alike.

Comment

This is not how boxing works.

Comment

Yes there's actually a set rule of how many times a guy needs to clinch in order for him to get a point deduction. Alexander clinched more than 100 times = a DQ. Now, Khan pushes what, 10 times and he gets 2 points taken away?
                    ok then, read this:
                    You could clearly hear referee Joe Cooper tell Khan “This is your last warning” shortly before taking away the 1st point for pushing in the 7th round. At that point, Khan had already pushed Peterson 18 times in the fight. The criticism after the fight by the HBO talking heads is that Cooper had failed to clearly give Khan a final warning before taking off the point, but you can sure here Copper say to Khan that his is last warning. I
                    Read more at http://www.************.com/2011/12/...KhPBoHyePfq.99
                    With regards to the bold, it just makes you look ridiculous. You said he was ranked #1 at WW. To which I said, bs, joke, gtfo because he's not. Then you say he's ranked #1 with WBA which is an entirely different thing we are talking about, and then you are calling me dumb.

No you refer to a fighter being ranked #1 when he's actually the number one fighter for the actual title or the #1 guy below the champion. I could care less about some belts ranking as it has no impact on how good a fighter is.
                    the WBA is a sanctioning body which includes the appointment of a world champion in the welterweight division...that makes their #1 ranked fighter the challenger to their champion which maidana. the fact that maidana is ranked that high and considering he has fought and beaten two top 10 ranked fighters indicates "how good a fighter he is"

When you can find a video of Khan pushing Lamont 100+ times, I will gladly listen to your arguments. The video was posted in order for us to determine how equal the playing field is. If Khan should have taken 2 points, Alexander should have been DQ'd. Now that's not me saying it, that's the rulebook. I suggest you read it.
                    the video is in the quote posted above, if bscene censors it I'll PM it to u

Comment

That is of course a 4th possibility. haha.

I just don't see it happening. When is the last time Alexander dropped anyone? Urango? Of course, Khan's punch resistance is all but gone, but still.
                      Devon dropped maidana

Comment

Working...
                      X