Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't make this another Bradley-Khan thread. Bradley and his fans looking like arseholes on a daily basis is getting boring

Comment

Khan was the better fighter at 140lbs and has the better resume.

Khan beat Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah, Peterson, Malignaggi.

Alexander beat guts like Junior Witter and Juan Urango.

Is there any comparison?

Oh and people lauding up Alexander's win over Maidana which was at 147lbs. Please remind yourself of this - it was also a St.Louis Special 10 round fight.

Khan fought Maidana over 12 rounds. If Khan had fought over 10, he'd probably have scored close to a shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Clinching is also against the rules, but no one gets punished for it, despite guys like Alexander and Ward clinching 50+ times a fight. It clearly states in the rule book that 30 initiated clinches should result in a point deduction.

And lol at you backtracking on Maidana's rating and calling me a fool. I could care less what his WBA ranking is. It's bs all the way. you said he was ranked #1 at WW. And that's a joke. Now you're just trying to make up for it by giving me some belt ranking as if that means anything at all.

No, I think I did explain it? He was coming off a loss and fighting one bum and one over the hill fighter in 3 years. Maybe he was still "prime" in the sense that he's not old or anything, but he was not vintage Maidana. And the guy Khan fought was. And Khan didn't illegally clinch his way to a victory.
        like I said...clinching and pushing are two different things and thereby vary in severity of punishment given...maidana took his loss like a man and he's never shy of offering his opinion if he feels he did enough to win (see post fight interviews after khan)

seriously how dumb are u? u refer to a fighter being ranked #1 in a weight division when he's the #1 contender....not the best fighter. in case u're just following khan...judah was referred to being #1 ranked at 140 before the garcia fight because the IBF had him listed there...........

lol @ him not being "vintage" maidana...so u do know what constitutes a fighter being in his prime: his physical and mental attributes are still as good as ever

maidana is a much better fighter after he teamed up with nacho after khan, and now with garcia...if u mean he's not a mindless brawler anymore then yes he's waaay past his prime

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Khan was the better fighter at 140lbs and has the better resume.

Khan beat Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah, Peterson, Malignaggi.

Alexander beat guts like Junior Witter and Juan Urango.

Is there any comparison?

Oh and people lauding up Alexander's win over Maidana which was at 147lbs. Please remind yourself of this - it was also a St.Louis Special 10 round fight.

Khan fought Maidana over 12 rounds. If Khan had fought over 10, he'd probably have scored close to a shutout.
          actually if khan fought maidana over 10 we'd probably seen a rematch as he was out on his feet for the majority of that round and people would've wondered if maidana could've stopped him had it gone more

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            maidana is a much better fighter after he teamed up with nacho after khan, and now with garcia.
            Yeah in the same way that Alexander is a "whole new fighter" at 147lbs.

What's the common denominator? Weaker and more suitable opposition!

Comment

nice

I refer u to the pushing video of khan- peterson and u conveniently post an alexander cliching video...which doesn't disclaim what I said at all

I don't like devon alexander...I think he's a predictable boxer who looks uglier with every fight but virtually no people on this board or the press for that matter felt alexander didn't deserve that win

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                actually if khan fought maidana over 10 we'd probably seen a rematch as he was out on his feet for the majority of that round and people would've wondered if maidana could've stopped him had it gone more
                That was in a 12 round fight though. You have to take into consideration the mental edge it would give a fighter knowing they only have to go 10 rounds. Khan was in total control at the start of the 10th but still had 3 full rounds to go, if he'd known he only had 3 minutes, he probably never gets caught napping with that overhand right. THINK about it.

Comment

Yeah in the same way that Alexander is a "whole new fighter" at 147lbs.

What's the common denominator? Weaker and more suitable opposition!
                  I never said maidana's a whole new fighter...I said he's better than he was before. if u disagree I'm curious to hear ur reasoning

and alexander is still **** at 147

weaker opposition? soto karass is still a top 10 contender last time I checked... he did KO berto and that turk that guerrero had trouble with...not to mention he 's had some success at 154 as well

josesito lopez is a much better win than a close decision khan got against diaz whom he chose over facing lopez as well

Comment

That was in a 12 round fight though. You have to take into consideration the mental edge it would give a fighter knowing they only have to go 10 rounds. Khan was in total control at the start of the 10th but still had 3 full rounds to go, if he'd known he only had 3 minutes, he probably never gets caught napping with that overhand right. THINK about it.
                    sounds rather farfetched to me...khan gets caught because of the way he leaves himself open after throwing combinations (he always does)

Comment

Dude look at my sig! - It's meant for guys like you.

You don't know what you are talking about. Bradley wasn't even with TR at the time.
                      Then your all over the place.You said he fought Casa instead and that Bradley promoter wanted to make the fight..

Comment

Working...
                      X