No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    I never said maidana's a whole new fighter...I said he's better than he was before. if u disagree I'm curious to hear ur reasoning

and alexander is still **** at 147

weaker opposition? soto karass is still a top 10 contender last time I checked... he did KO berto and that turk that guerrero had trouble with...not to mention he 's had some success at 154 as well

josesito lopez is a much better win than a close decision khan got against diaz whom he chose over facing lopez as well
    Well I just gave you my reasoning, he's been facing weaker and more suitable opposition i.e brawlers like Soto BumAss and "that turk".

Lopez was the only one who could mildly box a bit and he had Maidana in trouble in that fight which was also stopped early. In fact, didn't Maidana have a life and death with Soto as well? Has he actually looked great in any of these fights?

He loses when he fights guys who can box

Comment

Once the fight starts resumes wont matter. So it shouldn't be a factor now. I don't see Khan as the confident fighter today as he once was two years ago.

Comment

sounds rather farfetched to me...khan gets caught because of the way he leaves himself open after throwing combinations (he always does)
        Nothing farfetched about it. There is a huge mental and physical strain fighting for 12 rounds as opposed to just 10. There is no way you can rank Alexander's win over Maidana above Khan's

Comment

i you actually think that khan beat matthysse that's clearly the best win. he didn't beat matthysse, doe. matthysse won almost all of the rounds. i thought he lost to kotelnik, too, did alexander.

it's khan. his resume is better. if they fought at 147 tomorrow i'd probably favor khan, too. alexander isn't a puncher, or an aggressor. the way to beat khan is to hurt him and beat him up. alexander's just gonna slide around the ring and "tap tap move."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Nothing farfetched about it. There is a huge mental and physical strain fighting for 12 rounds as opposed to just 10. There is no way you can rank Alexander's win over Maidana above Khan's

alexander completely dominated maidana, though it was coming off a couple tune ups and @ 147. khan's fight was much closer, but he fought maidana at the height of his powers and @ his best weight. he was almost out in the 10th round, was khan. when maidana hit alexander with his best stuff alexander showed his terrific chin.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              alexander completely dominated maidana, though it was coming off a couple tune ups and @ 147. khan's fight was much closer, but he fought maidana at the height of his powers and @ his best weight. he was almost out in the 10th round, was khan. when maidana hit alexander with his best stuff alexander showed his terrific chin.
              10 rounds vs 12 rounds.

Comment

like I said...clinching and pushing are two different things and thereby vary in severity of punishment given...maidana took his loss like a man and he's never shy of offering his opinion if he feels he did enough to win (see post fight interviews after khan)

seriously how dumb are u? u refer to a fighter being ranked #1 in a weight division when he's the #1 contender....not the best fighter. in case u're just following khan...judah was referred to being #1 ranked at 140 before the garcia fight because the IBF had him listed there...........

lol @ him not being "vintage" maidana...so u do know what constitutes a fighter being in his prime: his physical and mental attributes are still as good as ever

maidana is a much better fighter after he teamed up with nacho after khan, and now with garcia...if u mean he's not a mindless brawler anymore then yes he's waaay past his prime
                Yes there's actually a set rule of how many times a guy needs to clinch in order for him to get a point deduction. Alexander clinched more than 100 times = a DQ. Now, Khan pushes what, 10 times and he gets 2 points taken away?

With regards to the bold, it just makes you look ridiculous. You said he was ranked #1 at WW. To which I said, bs, joke, gtfo because he's not. Then you say he's ranked #1 with WBA which is an entirely different thing we are talking about, and then you are calling me dumb.

No you refer to a fighter being ranked #1 when he's actually the number one fighter for the actual title or the #1 guy below the champion. I could care less about some belts ranking as it has no impact on how good a fighter is.

I could also say Kell Brook is the number 1 ww by your logic.

But yeah, i'm the dumb one.

nice

I refer u to the pushing video of khan- peterson and u conveniently post an alexander cliching video...which doesn't disclaim what I said at all

I don't like devon alexander...I think he's a predictable boxer who looks uglier with every fight but virtually no people on this board or the press for that matter felt alexander didn't deserve that win
                When you can find a video of Khan pushing Lamont 100+ times, I will gladly listen to your arguments. The video was posted in order for us to determine how equal the playing field is. If Khan should have taken 2 points, Alexander should have been DQ'd. Now that's not me saying it, that's the rulebook. I suggest you read it.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Storm View Post
                  Then your all over the place.You said he fought Casa instead and that Bradley promoter wanted to make the fight..
                  Am I all over the place? wtf man. Someone said Maidana ducked Bradley and fought another guy. Then I said Bradley ducked Khan and fought Casamayor.

It's the same scenario. Regardless, Bradley called Khan out BEFORE the Alexander fight and AFTER the Alexander fight. Only Khan offered him the fight TWICE and he pussied out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Well I just gave you my reasoning, he's been facing weaker and more suitable opposition i.e brawlers like Soto BumAss and "that turk".

Lopez was the only one who could mildly box a bit and he had Maidana in trouble in that fight which was also stopped early. In fact, didn't Maidana have a life and death with Soto as well? Has he actually looked great in any of these fights?

He loses when he fights guys who can box
                    and I just told u why I wouldn't consider them 'weaker' opposition...if so the same thing can be said for guerrero who fought aydin and berto to earn his p4p spot and a shot against mayweather

maidana didn't go life and death with soto karass...they made it a street fight but I didn't see maidana in any danger of getting stopped which is what going life and death infers doesn't it?

basically u're saying maidana doesn't look good in any fight against ranked opposition which would void the argument josesito giving him trouble because he can box wouldn't it? he performs similarly when he fights "more suitable" opposition

Comment

Both fighters have a good resume and have fought good fighters..Alexander has one loss, Khan has three..I'd give the edge to Alexander as far as resume goes..

Comment

Working...
                      X