Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevens: Golovkin is a Hype Job, I'll Demolish His Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young Herschel View Post
    Honestly, I just call it as I see it. After reviewing a number of Donaire's opponents prior to his bout with Rigo I had a similar feeling. People on this very forum have commented that GGG has been managed and navigated throughout his championship run - I see white people.

Now I'm not saying I don't like white fighters or white hispanics/latinos, but I genuinely believe that GGG and Donaire have been apparently navigated and manuvered to protect them from Afro-Americans and Afro-Carribeans - just go to youtube and check their respective highlight montages.

Now I was proven right about Rigo when I made a similar post on this forum prior to the Donaire fight. I'm going to bump this thread on 11/3/13 if I'm proven right about my feelings for an upset victory for Stevens over GGG

I`ve been saying for the longest that Donaire is overrated for the longest and that Rigo would beat him,but yet people thought i was crazy,and i also said Bute is overrated,but yet people verbally pounce on me.Both fighters got exposed when they fought a real live opponent.And the same will happen to Golovkin.

Comment

• Facts are that GGG looks like the real deal, but we havent really seen him tested or chin-checked...

I think stevens will at least check his chin,,,,

I favor ggg,, but not out of the realm that stevens catches him early and finishes him....

Has anyone seen GGG hurt before??? I cant really recall anytime he was in danger,, Interesting to see how he reacts,,, some guys like floyd or hopkins can weather the storm, and some like khan or ortiz cant handle it,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
        I`ve been saying for the longest that Donaire is overrated for the longest and that Rigo would beat him,but yet people thought i was crazy,and i also said Bute is overrated,but yet people verbally pounce on me.Both fighters got exposed when they fought a real live opponent.And the same will happen to Golovkin.
        Hella people thought Bute was overrated man, don't act like a genius. Donaire was only a slight favorite over Rigo as well despite being pound 4 pound ranked. Everyone knew Rigo has insane skills only question was if his chin would hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
          No, it counts only at the the time it occurs, if it counted in the current climate as a means of sayiing that a fighter who loses to the Brinkley and Boone type - cannot beat a better fighter - then Adonis Stevenson would never have beaten Dawson. Orlando Salido who lost to a couple club fighters would never have won a title. Do you know that Mike Weaver lost to guys that would never have beaten Big John Tate???? Yet he won the title against Tate. Buster Douglass lost to a guy with a 12-5 record then beat Tyson later. So explain how these guys lost to worse guys than the ones they later on beat? Because A) they believed in themselves, B) anything can and does happen and C) they learn from their losses. You CANNOT use the Brinkley fight in the current context and say that there is no way he beats a fighter who is better than Brinkley because history has shown otherwise. Do you realize that Orlando Salido lost to Jose Luis Montes who had a record of 9-21-0????? Brinkley looks like a killer by comparison. If you want to say you think GGG is far better and will stop Stevens early, I'm not going to argue that. But if you are using the Brinkley fight then that is not the right anchor because history is littered with examples of guys losing to club fighters and going on to beat top names. It is as bad as saying that Fighter John Doe lost to a good fighter so that means he cannot beat a better fighter which we all know is not true! This is worse than the triagle theories which are fallable as well. The way to say Stevens cannot beat GGG is to say that GGG has more dementions to him, he can change up a bit, use angles and frustrate Stevens, he has more options behind those ropes, etc.
          Indeed, upsets do happen in boxing,

Hopkins lost to Mitchell in his pro debut .

Rustico Torrecampo has actually knocked out a guy who then went on to retire Oscar de la Hoya in Manny Pacquiao.

Ross Purrity (25-13 at the time of the fight) has a victory over Wladimir Klitschko.

Current MW Champion Sergio Martinez lost to Margarito , etc.

With that said, GGG should win this one fairly comfortably imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
            Indeed, upsets do happen in boxing,

Hopkins lost to Mitchell in his pro debut .

Rustico Torrecampo has actually knocked out a guy who then went on to retire Oscar de la Hoya in Manny Pacquiao.

Ross Purrity (25-13 at the time of the fight) has a victory over Wladimir Klitschko.

Current MW Champion Sergio Martinez lost to Margarito , etc.

With that said, GGG should win this one fairly comfortably imo.
            Can't argue with that....you are seeing what I am seeing. It's not that I pick Stevens....I want this fight because there is no way it will be boring.....it is impossible. Some fights never live up to hype and you wait months to see two great fighters get in the ring and then the fight is flat and both guys look bad. I would rather see a fight like this where you know it will end it KO. Either it will be a shocker, or GGG will shut Stevens up. But when someone tries to use a fight like Brinkley as a reason why Stevens cannot win, then they are using a hollow anchor because history has shown guys to lose to worse than Brinkley and go on to win a title. I don't expect it but I guarantee there is not one person on the planet who would bet their house or car to my 20 bucks. Anything can happen in Boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Can't argue with that....you are seeing what I am seeing. It's not that I pick Stevens....I want this fight because there is no way it will be boring.....it is impossible. Some fights never live up to hype and you wait months to see two great fighters get in the ring and then the fight is flat and both guys look bad. I would rather see a fight like this where you know it will end it KO. Either it will be a shocker, or GGG will shut Stevens up. But when someone tries to use a fight like Brinkley as a reason why Stevens cannot win, then they are using a hollow anchor because history has shown guys to lose to worse than Brinkley and go on to win a title. I don't expect it but I guarantee there is not one person on the planet who would bet their house or car to my 20 bucks. Anything can happen in Boxing.
              Its not just Brinkley, it's also Primera, and not looking so great with Findley, and just not having any good wins.

Would you give Lemieux a decent chance vs GGG? He can knock out a bum just as well as Stevens.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Its not just Brinkley, it's also Primera, and not looking so great with Findley, and just not having any good wins.

Would you give Lemieux a decent chance vs GGG? He can knock out a bum just as well as Stevens.
                He has a lower chance, but not by a whole lot.
                Stevens is a better boxer than him

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  He has a lower chance, but not by a whole lot.
                  Stevens is a better boxer than him
                  You wouldn't know it looking at his boxrec. If anything, Lemieux losses are not quite as bad. But they're similar, both short powerpunchers that run out of ideas and gas after a couple of rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    Well he`s too small for super middleweight;he`s 5`7 and a lot of the top guys at super middleweight towers over him much more then at Middleweight;For example:Andre Direll 6`2,Anthony Direll 6`2,Andre Ward 6`1,Froch 6`1,Kessler 6`2,Sakio Bika 6`1,Adonis Stevens 5`11.The average top middleweight is 5`10.The fact that he could make middleweight and that hes short shows that he`s better off at middleweight where the gap in size is`nt as big as it is at super middleweight.
                    Mike Tyson's 5'10 and fought 6'2 - 6'5 boxers. Height is an excuse. I think Stevens relies more on his power than boxing skills. His problem at 168 was that his power wasn't enough to KO bigger boys

Comment

• I don't think Golovkin is a hype job his amateur pedigree is to good for that on top of what we have seen from him in the pros .

Comment

Working...
                      X