Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevens: Golovkin is a Hype Job, I'll Demolish His Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young Herschel View Post
    No - I'm comparing them as short, power counterpunchers of African ancestry who came up in respective hotbeds of boxing expertise (Havana, Cuba & Brooklyn, NY).

I'm focused on Donaire's highlight reel of non-Afro-Carribeans (hispanics, caucasians and asians) and I'm comparing that to GGG's highlight reel of non-Afro-Americans and non-Afro-Carribeans (hispanics, caucasians and asians)
    I got pwnd

Comment

• Golovkin en DosRounds!

Comment

No - I'm comparing them as short, power counterpunchers of African ancestry who came up in respective hotbeds of boxing expertise (Havana, Cuba & Brooklyn, NY).

I'm focused on Donaire's highlight reel of non-Afro-Carribeans (hispanics, caucasians and asians) and I'm comparing that to GGG's highlight reel of non-Afro-Americans and non-Afro-Carribeans (hispanics, caucasians and asians)
        If you're going to complain about Golovkin not fighting black fighters, then complain about middleweight black fighters not being as good as the white guys and hispanics he's knocking out.

Comment

Here's the issue with GGG and it stems from the same issue I had with Donaire prior to his title fight with Rigo -

Afro-Americans and Afro-Carribeans are predominantly superior boxers with more depth and abilities than all those hispanics and caucasians on Donaire & GGG's highlight real on youtube. When you face a brotha like Stevens who can box a bit and **** a bunch . . its a different world than where you're coming from as GGG.

Donaire had an afro-centric ephiphany against Rigo as well after being 'managed' through a series of opponents who weren't of the African Diaspora like "El Chacal"

GGG may have an afro-centric ephiphany early on against Stevens who presents problems as an experienced true middleweight and a power-counterpuncher that has a habit of knocking guys out inside of two rounds
          Enjoy your 10 day vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            If you're going to complain about Golovkin not fighting black fighters, then complain about middleweight black fighters not being as good as the white guys and hispanics he's knocking out.
            They don't have to be good. they can be mediocre like Stevens and confuse the **** out of GGG' who's never seen a black guy, training in Big Bear as opposed to Reno like Brinkley.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Okay, why does the Jesse Brinkley loss not count? Was he robbed? Did Brinkley cheat? What am I missing here that this fight should not count?
              Who said it does not count?? Darnell Boone also counts but did that loss stop Stevenson from stopping Dawson and win the title? But what does this have to do with fighting angry which is the topic you replied to?
              Last edited by richardt; 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                How does a fighter lose to Jesse Brinkley comes back and has three 1st round KO's and then wins a 8 round decision against a 20-9 fighter get a title shot?.
                Because HE asked for the same fight that other contenders ducked. And you really need to study Boxing recent history to see that this happens often.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Who said it does not count?? Darnell Boone also counts but did that loss stop Stevenson from stopping Dawson and win the title? But what does this have to do with fighting angry which is the topic you replied to?
                  Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Anyone who has been around boxing more than 5 minutes knows that doesn't count. Otherwise Adonis Stevenson who lost to Darnell Boone would not have torched Dawson in 1 round. And Orlando Salido and Freddie Pendalton and Buster Douglas among others would not have won a title. You can say GGG mops the floor with him but mentioning Brinkley is a weak argument for a number of reasons.
                  I think you did

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    I think you did
                    No, it counts only at the the time it occurs, if it counted in the current climate as a means of sayiing that a fighter who loses to the Brinkley and Boone type - cannot beat a better fighter - then Adonis Stevenson would never have beaten Dawson. Orlando Salido who lost to a couple club fighters would never have won a title. Do you know that Mike Weaver lost to guys that would never have beaten Big John Tate???? Yet he won the title against Tate. Buster Douglass lost to a guy with a 12-5 record then beat Tyson later. So explain how these guys lost to worse guys than the ones they later on beat? Because A) they believed in themselves, B) anything can and does happen and C) they learn from their losses. You CANNOT use the Brinkley fight in the current context and say that there is no way he beats a fighter who is better than Brinkley because history has shown otherwise. Do you realize that Orlando Salido lost to Jose Luis Montes who had a record of 9-21-0????? Brinkley looks like a killer by comparison. If you want to say you think GGG is far better and will stop Stevens early, I'm not going to argue that. But if you are using the Brinkley fight then that is not the right anchor because history is littered with examples of guys losing to club fighters and going on to beat top names. It is as bad as saying that Fighter John Doe lost to a good fighter so that means he cannot beat a better fighter which we all know is not true! This is worse than the triagle theories which are fallable as well. The way to say Stevens cannot beat GGG is to say that GGG has more dementions to him, he can change up a bit, use angles and frustrate Stevens, he has more options behind those ropes, etc.
                    Last edited by richardt; 08-23-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      Scumbag Stevens...

Well he`s too small for super middleweight;he`s 5`7 and a lot of the top guys at super middleweight towers over him much more then at Middleweight;For example:Andre Direll 6`2,Anthony Direll 6`2,Andre Ward 6`1,Froch 6`1,Kessler 6`2,Sakio Bika 6`1,Adonis Stevens 5`11.The average top middleweight is 5`10.The fact that he could make middleweight and that hes short shows that he`s better off at middleweight where the gap in size is`nt as big as it is at super middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X