Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Canelo less that 1 month away. Where's the promotion!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd vs Canelo less that 1 month away. Where's the promotion!?

If Shaefer thinks this fight is going to draw anywhere near what floyd/Oscar drew then he's kidding himself. Why? The Floyd/Oscar fight was promoted like no fight I have ever seen. Here in Nyc there were giant billboards up, posters on buses and in the subway system, TV commercials, etc. The Floyd/canelo fight is less than a month away and I have yet to see any type of advertisement for it whatsoever.

My bday is actually that wknd and a friend of mine who owns a bar is going to order the fight and have a post fight bday party there as well and to he totally honest, many casuals don't or didn't know Floyd was fighting and/or who he's fighting.

Now I'm amped for this fight and especially for the Garcia/Lucas bout but I have a feeling that the #s will fall far short of what gbp and showtime are expecting and it will be a lack of promotion to blame.

Now maybe it's just here in Nyc, but is anyone else in other states also witnessing a lack of promotion/advertisement for this upcoming fight?
    Last edited by Deevel916; 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM. Reason: Typo

me and the wife are already invited to 4 fight parties and 2 of those arent even boxing fans, hell they arent even casuals but they know this is the thing to do this night. Im sure itll be fine

Comment

I think GBP is overestimating Canelo's popularity here in the states. Yes he's a big star in Mexico and amongst Mexicans boxing fans here in the states, but many casual fans here in the U.S still arent all that familiar with him. Those who are know him as the red headed boxer from Mexico. He's certainly not on a Delahoya level as far as popular is concerned. Canelo is yet to beat a mainstream star in order for him to be catapulted into boxing stardom. If he beats Floyd he will be an instant star!

Comment

Starts up again this Saturday, also where they not just on a 10 city tour? Seems like the promotion is doing just fine. I imagine both boxers will be on the late night talk shows soon also. No different then de la hoya vs Mayweather

Comment

Companies usually start promoting 3 weeks before hand if it's a big fight.

I got to see the commercial for the fight before hand and it has a big fight feel for sure.

Comment

doesn't need promotion....

garcia vs. mathysse.....

floyd vs. canelo....

sell's it self.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Companies usually start promoting 3 weeks before hand if it's a big fight.

I got to see the commercial for the fight before hand and it has a big fight feel for sure.
              I wanna see that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
                Starts up again this Saturday, also where they not just on a 10 city tour? Seems like the promotion is doing just fine. I imagine both boxers will be on the late night talk shows soon also. No different then de la hoya vs Mayweather
                No different from Delahoya / mayweather? Are u kidding!? The hype, buzz, and promotion for that fight was insane! It was even dubbed as "the fight to save boxing". I'm a diehard boxing fan so I'm fully aware of what's going on as far as the Floyd / canelo bout but it just doesn't have the buzz from the public that I was expecting. Especially with just a little over 3 weeks to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  me and the wife are already invited to 4 fight parties and 2 of those arent even boxing fans, hell they arent even casuals but they know this is the thing to do this night. Im sure itll be fine

nothing worst than watching fight's with people who 'don't know **** about boxing'.....

Comment

Fight is sold out and the buzz is already here,gonna be a great night of boxing,great card

Comment

Working...
                    X