Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Wants The Klitschkos Before They Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hope he gets a crack before at 1 of them before they leave

Comment

All the usual hate for any fighter trying to step up and chase his dreams, but I think Wilder is the best thing to happen to this division in a long time. Sure, he is inexperienced, raw but he is in shape, has devastating power, and he is saying he wants to take out the man and BE the man, no questions. How long since we have seen that from a HW? Besides Haye who talked the talked but did not live up to it in the ring. At least with Wilder, even if he comes up short he will be in there trying to take Wlad's head off with every punch, and one punch is all you need for a new HW champion to emerge.

Comment

Ok Wilder, let them know!

Comment

To be real though all who say "earn it your too green" the only person who has been long overdue is Povektin but only because he ducked for so long.

Who else has actually earned a title shot by beatong top guys? Even David Haye cherry picked horrible shot Ruiz, Barnett, and Valeuv before getting the shot afyer beating Fraudley.

The problem with the heavyweight division is because its full of weak challengers who want to cherry pick to a title shot. Whats the difference between Wilder nad their last several defenses?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
            To be real though all who say "earn it your too green" the only person who has been long overdue is Povektin but only because he ducked for so long.

Who else has actually earned a title shot by beatong top guys? Even David Haye cherry picked horrible shot Ruiz, Barnett, and Valeuv before getting the shot afyer beating Fraudley.

The problem with the heavyweight division is because its full of weak challengers who want to cherry pick to a title shot. Whats the difference between Wilder nad their last several defenses?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            If he wants to fight the Klits that badly, why doesn't he put himself in a mandatory position for one of their belts? Everyone knows they love their trinkets and anways honor their mandatories.

The fastest way would have been to fight Kubrat Pulev, who was looking for an opponent for his IBF eliminator for months. All Wilder would have had to say is "I want it". Pulev would have been glad to fight him, and the IBF would have probably sanctioned it.

Comment

"I want them Klitchkos before they retire... now give me Guinn or Welliver."

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                If he wants to fight the Klits that badly, why doesn't he put himself in a mandatory position for one of their belts? Everyone knows they love their trinkets and anways honor their mandatories.

The fastest way would have been to fight Kubrat Pulev, who was looking for an opponent for his IBF eliminator for months. All Wilder would have had to say is "I want it". Pulev would have been glad to fight him, and the IBF would have probably sanctioned it.

Is that the way the Wach's, Pianeta's, Chisora's and Charr's got their shots?

Comment

Wilder sleeps Wlad in 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Wilder sleeps Wlad in 3 rounds
                    dunno about that. heard wlad sparked his azz pretty good in sparring. wilder needs more experience

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Is that the way the Wach's, Pianeta's, Chisora's and Charr's got their shots?
                      Those were all voluntaries. When has Wlad ever weaseled out of a mandatory or vacated a belt so that he doesn't have to fight someone? If he doesn't want to give you a voluntary shot, it's not that hard to "force" him to fight you. You just have to become his mandatory, as I have said. But why fight that sturdy Bulgarian when you can beat tomato cans and cry about being ducked instead .

(Btw I wouldn't bet my house on Wilder beating the four guys you mentioned.)

Comment

Working...
                      X