Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” - Moving on When Floyd, Manny Are Gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan doesn't have a chin so he's out of the picture. Danny not good enough. Wilder is a hype job. Andre Ward doesn't have the personality. Rigo personality and promotion will prevent him from being a star. Lucas will eventually be outboxed just like Golovkin will be. Broner cannot hang with the elite at 147. That leaves us with Keith Thurman I think he has what it takes to become a crossover star power, personality, exciting style. Any other ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      Some people think boxing will be better off when Mayweaher and Pacquiao are gone but I'd have to disagree. The talent and skill that these guys have put on display is far superior to many of these up and coming fighters. When I look at these young guys coming up I see a lot of potential but I don't see the rare talent that I see in Floyd and Manny. Most of these young guys are good but I don't see any who are great.

The ongoing feud and speculation about a potential superfight between these two has also brought upon a new interest in the sport that hasn't been seen in several years. Together Floyd and Manny have somewhat brought the sport back to it's former glory. Although the sport is not as big as it was in the days of Tyson, Ali, and Leonard these guys have helped to recapture some of that lost magic. When they are gone boxing is in trouble.
      i agree with you on most except the last part.....

floyd and manny will be surely missed but boxing will still continue to thrive...

boxing had weathered the storms of the passing of the ali, frazier, george, leonard, hagler, duran and tyson eras to name a few....

jus as long we fans stick to our beloved sport....cheers

Comment

I think danny garcia or adrian broner can easily reach that top mainstream level. danny's one of those guys who does everything right and he has pretty good pop in his hands.

adrian broner has the potential to become "the next floyd mayweather," but would live in his shadow unfortunately instead of having his own identity

Comment

Little Floyd will always be remembered as the fighter who RAN from Pacquiao. In the end Pacquiao will win, because Pacquiao will be rembered as the fighter who would fight anybody.

Comment

Working...
          X