Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brits: Should Barker have been counted out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    I thought Barker got up at the count of eight, Malik Scott was dropped at 9:58 (of the video) and didn't attempt to get up until 10:10 (it's actually about 12 seconds, the ref wasn't counting fast). Instead of saying the number ten the ref just waved his hands at the point he would have said '10.' I thought Malik wasn't even fully up on his feet when the ref waved it off (at 10). Besides, Malik was well on his way to getting a possible career ending beating, he was lucky the ref stopped it when he did.

People need to stop pretending this was a controversial call, Malik Scott was overrated as fu.k and if he and Chisora fought again he'd catch an even worse whooping.
    It doesn't matter if he would have solo won Scott was up before 10 count. Just because u think he would have still lost doesn't makes it a good call

Comment

that was a lowblow - the ref shouldn't have counted at all. Barker actually survived a pretty bad illegal blow and still beat Geale

Comment

I thought he got up at 8, you could see he was hurt but still want to get up, Scott even though it doesn't appears that he was hurt seems like he didn't want to get up. He looked for a way out and the over zealous ref gave him one, he can fall back on that which he did in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
          that was a lowblow - the ref shouldn't have counted at all. Barker actually survived a pretty bad illegal blow and still beat Geale
          Replays make it clear that it was a legal punch.

Comment

No - Nor should Scott imo.

Comment

I'm not a nationalist so I wouldn't defend a bad decision because it's come from one of my fellow countrymen.

Terry O'Connor's officiating in the Cleverly-Kovalev bout last night seems to becoming his standard treatment of foreign fighters. Much to the shame of British boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I thought he got up at 8.
                Same, I thought Barker was up at 8, he didn't leave it till 9.5 to even think about getting back to his feet. Having said that, I do think Scott deserved to be allowed to carry on, by the letter of the law it may well have been a stoppage but refs needs to use common sense some times, it was clear Scott looked level headed and fine. The fight should have continued but none of it has to do with Barker's big night.

Comment

Just saw the knockdown this morning on the DVR. Barker was counted out, and Geale should have been declared the TKO winner.

However, the ref (as is his discretion? ) was seeing a great fight and felt that it should continue. Barker was up just at the count of ten, but was not in control of his faculties. The ref bought him another 5-6 seconds with the inspection, and Barker recovered.

Barker should consider himself lucky that the ref was also quite entertained by the fight .

About the Chisora fight, were you also rewinding the video a dozen times to be sure he didn't hit him with an elbow rather than a fist? It really close...may have been both. That was a really hard follow through with the elbow.
                  Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Difference is Barker wanted to get up, Scott didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                      Just saw the knockdown this morning on the DVR. Barker was counted out, and Geale should have been declared the TKO winner.

However, the ref (as is his discretion? ) was seeing a great fight and felt that it should continue. Barker was up just at the count of ten, but was not in control of his faculties. The ref bought him another 5-6 seconds with the inspection, and Barker recovered.

Barker should consider himself lucky that the ref was also quite entertained by the fight .

About the Chisora fight, were you also rewinding the video a dozen times to be sure he didn't hit him with an elbow rather than a fist? It really close...may have been both. That was a really hard follow through with the elbow.
                      How have you come to that conclusion, he got up at 8 and was on his feet at 9

Comment

Working...
                      X