Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do British boxers suck so bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prizefighting originated in England, didn't it?

The island had some badass bareknuckle fighters back in the day.

Comment

I think the british training stables are softer, Maybe I have a distorted view, but I just imagine boxers who come from south america, russia and other parts of the world as having a more rugged upbringing, boxing for different reasons, and different aspirations.

Sure there are rough estates here in Britian where boxing has saved people from gangs and stuff, but I don't think it's on the same scale.

Erm as for America, it's usually the African American's we first think of and I think they just have good all round athletic genetics.

Comment

At least cleverly was brave enough to fight kovalev unlike the American hero b-hop

Comment

You always do this Earl. Relax man, it'll be ok, you guys have some good fighters per capita.

Comment

Because the genuine British hard men are all down the pub aged 16 & in prison by 20.

From my own days going to a boxing club in south London (30+ years ago) the real hard blokes on the estates weren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok
              Joshua
              October 5th!

Comment

They have the take one to give one mentality, which ends in disaster when fighting a big puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutking565 View Post
                  At least cleverly was brave enough to fight kovalev unlike the American hero b-hop
                  **** outta here man. More like Kovalev took the easier fight against a hype job when he had an opportunity to fight Hopkins as his mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    Prizefighting originated in England, didn't it?
                    No. They had prize fighting in ancient Greece and probably even further back in time than that.

Comment

These discussions always edge dangerously close to genetic pseudo-science of the Nazi variety. I've always tended to lean towards the notion that there's a social explanation for success or failure in a given field. I'll just leave it at that, since this is the slipperiest of slopes.

Comment

Working...
                      X