No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Shot For Pacquiao , He Blew His Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    Let's talk facts. I have the upmost respect for Manny Pacquiao. Never made jokes about his KO loss or whatever, but this post here is a flat out lie.

People didn't think Oscar was going to beat Manny because he had a good showing against Floyd. I had Floyd clearly winning the fight 8 rounds to 4, and the majority of writers acknowledge that the SD was BS. Odds makers gave Pacquiao no shot against Oscar, actual fans knew that the contest was a joke. A shot De La Hoya at a weight class that he hadn't fought in in nearly a decade.
    I give him his credit for beating Ricky, but everyone knows that Hatton wasn't the same after Floyd knocked him out.
    The Margarito fight was another joke. Tony was past it, but he was coming off his win against Robert Garcia, a nobody. And just Prior to that, he got crushed by Mosley and got suspended. So then Manny fights the man for the vacant 154 title at a catchweight of 150.
    There was virtually no one who asked for the matchup with Clottey, and he still managed to get ****** up pretty badly by a guy who spends the majority of his fights in ear muffs.
    I do however give him partial credit for his win over Cotto, albeit at a catchweight of 145 for the 147 strap. And while Cotto was really coming off a loss to Clottey, and previously a massacre to Margs hand wraps.
    He beat Morales coming off a loss as well.
    I give him credit for beating Barrera, but he was really past it at that point as well.
    The Mosley fight was an outright BLATANT JOKE.
    He's fighting the Loser of the Alvarado/Rios bout.
    And in my honest opinion, he never really beat Marquez......don't talk about cherry picking.

1. The odds makers is what I was referring to concerning De La Hoya. I knew Floyd had spanked his ass as did everyone whose opionion I respect. The crap decision is what made the fight the Pacquiao. Well, that and De La Hoya thought he could beat up on another little man.

2. You are right about the Mosely-Margarito fight......slipped my mind that that one was first. However, it was still a dangerous fight for Manny, IMO, even though Marquez had left his ass in the ring against Shane.

3. lol on the earmuffs thing; but my point was the Clottey is a fighter nobody wanted to fight and he was a legitimate welterweight challenger.

Matchmaking is part of making your fighter look the best he can look; but I personally feel Manny's people took more risks than Floyd's have since Mayweather moved up from 135.

The whole thing is really moot at this point anyway because this fight should have happened 3 or 4 years ago. Now it would just be two old men earning a paycheck.....it means nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Agree but what most don't know is Pac didn't demand Oscar to come in at the weight of 147, it was agreed right off the top. But Oscar decided he wanted more speed and came in at 143 which was a mistake.
      BIG mistake on his part, I can't blame Manny for Oscar killing himself. Just bringing up the factual state of that bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        I think we need to sum this mess up:

To put it as succinctly as possible

JR is the Most incredible Profound DUCK in the HISTORY of Boxing

AND

SOON to be Canelos LEFTOVER
        And meanwhile back at the ranch , super Manny is looking to become the next great Abril killer , plain to see who the class fighter is fighting real challenges , it sure as hell is not Manny .

Comment

• Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
          Yeah I think testing is shady definitely, especially with the Wright Quillin situation and Victor Conte of all people behind the scenes at VADA.

But still, why couldn't Manny at least pretend to take tests. If they are so crap and easy to beat just take the damn things

its getting so old that some of you don't understand WHY Pac refused the tests.

ITS called PRIDE !!!!!!

The May IDIOTS accused Pac of steriods when its more than obvious PAC did NOT EVER take them and it struck his PRIDE

therefore

WHY would he give into a group of FOOLS because they demanded it ???????

DON"T be so DUMB

There is a such thing as INTEGRITY !!!!!!

Thugs, drug addicts, wife and woman beaters made demands and serious slander,

SO

I DON"T BLAME PAC or anyone else for NOT giving in to that group of FOOLS

SO GIT IT,,,do ya git it ???????

Comment

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
            1. The odds makers is what I was referring to concerning De La Hoya. I knew Floyd had spanked his ass as did everyone whose opionion I respect. The crap decision is what made the fight the Pacquiao. Well, that and De La Hoya thought he could beat up on another little man.

2. You are right about the Mosely-Margarito fight......slipped my mind that that one was first. However, it was still a dangerous fight for Manny, IMO, even though Marquez had left his ass in the ring against Shane.

3. lol on the earmuffs thing; but my point was the Clottey is a fighter nobody wanted to fight and he was a legitimate welterweight challenger.

Matchmaking is part of making your fighter look the best he can look; but I personally feel Manny's people took more risks than Floyd's have since Mayweather moved up from 135.

The whole thing is really moot at this point anyway because this fight should have happened 3 or 4 years ago. Now it would just be two old men earning a paycheck.....it means nothing.
            To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think so. I think this fight will look the same way it would have looked in 09............maybe a little slower LMAO, but still a good matchup that I'd enjoy watching only to end the madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
              Golovkin isn't even the middleweight champ. He has the WBA belt lol
              I suppose you think GGG is easy money ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by richardt View Post
                Agree but what most don't know is Pac didn't demand Oscar to come in at the weight of 147, it was agreed right off the top. But Oscar decided he wanted more speed and came in at 143 which was a mistake.
                He did to be faster buhahahahaha , the IV fluid infusion were all part of the plan LOL , fck me kiddo you don't know sht about this sport other than your monitor .

Your a delusional Manny fanboy .

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                  To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think so. I think this fight will look the same way it would have looked in 09............maybe a little slower LMAO, but still a good matchup that I'd enjoy watching only to end the madness.
                  I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't watch it; but....damn, the whole mess just pisses me off.

Moreso than when Bowe ducked Lewis. Turns out for him, that was the right thing to do; but the Mayweather/Pacquiao thing just completely befuddles me. Floyd is obviously a great fighter. Manny is obviously a great fighter. Their styles would mesh so perfectly IMO. It would be a beautiful bullfight/brutal ballet.

and yet.......no dice. I just don't get it except for my opinion (which greatly disappoints me in Floyd) that he's doing the same thing that Leonard did to Hagler years ago. Wait until he sees the old man slow down.....against Mugabi, in Hagler's case....and then, "I got him". Problem was, somebody got Manny first.

Now.....what's the point, other than satisfying a long overdue hunger.

Comment

at 154....YUP! lol, make it happen.

Comment

No. Mayweather would NEVER take that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X