Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Abner Mares the most underrated fighter in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares is a very good fighter and gets the respect he deserves. The reason he's not mentioned more is because he doesn't do or say something crazy every 5 minutes. He's not talking about knocking someone's head off or calling another boxer a coward, or a punk. With that being said, he reminds me of Gracia in a way. They both find ways to win but doesn't always look great doing it. Garcia looks a lot worst but they're both winners.

Comment

Yes, dude. This kid had been steezing on top notch opposition for years now.

Comment

Mares is on a majority of top 10 p4p lists.

He along with Rigondeaux are the top 2 boxers in the lower weight classes today. He's rated fine, he just doesn't have a thread made every day on him because he doesn't trash talk, or say/do anything to made into a drama.

He's class.

Comment

Hes a good fighter but he loses to Donaire and Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He didn't look spectacular but he won both fights clearly.

Mares didn't win the Darchinyan fight clearly, the Perez fight clearly, the first Agbeko fight without controversy.

What makes Morel better than Mathebula?

Mares is a good fighter but I think if anything he's overrated. Like I said, the only fights I've been overly impressed with him in is the Moreno fight and the second Agbeko fight.
            Mares clearly beat perez but was stuck with a bull draw

Comment

Working...
            X