Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Abner Mares the most underrated fighter in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its his style though hes a grinder. Say he gives rigo the fight of his life because hes better at applying pressure and beat Mikey Garcia. Who would you consider the better fighter? Donaires better overall couple wins or Mares consistent competition?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I can budge on Donaire having the better few wins but as far as consistent competition? Idk im starting to have the feeling its the Calzaghe vs Ward arguement where Calzaghe has the win over prime kessler and close disputed win over Hopkins but can Ward and Mares edge them with consistent tough opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        Its his style though hes a grinder. Say he gives rigo the fight of his life because hes better at applying pressure and beat Mikey Garcia. Who would you consider the better fighter? Donaires better overall couple wins or Mares consistent competition?

Both would give him a clinic... if Mares were somehow able to beat Rigo at 122 and Mikey at 126, he would warrant the hype you are giving him. Donaire's competition throughout has also been better than Mares'; not to discredit Mares' competition.

Comment

I just feel Mares deserves more recognition and respect. More popularity then he gets.

Comment

I just feel Mares deserves more recognition and respect. More popularity then he gets.

Maybe you're right about the popularity, but not the hype or at least not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana
              Quote:

Originally Posted by $Natedatpkid$

Maybe you're right about the popularity, but not the hype or at least not yet...
              Yeah my arguement isnt that hes a top 5 p4p fighter but the fact fighters like Floyd, Pac, Broner, Klitchskos integrity get questioned everyday and GGG & Mattyssse get treated like P4P greats while Mares fights the toughest guys available and is more proven then the last 2 I mentioned, I feel he deserves more recognition

Comment

Yeah my arguement isnt that hes a top 5 p4p fighter but the fact fighters like Floyd, Pac, Broner, Klitchskos integrity get questioned everyday and GGG & Mattyssse get treated like P4P greats while Mares fights the toughest guys available and is more proven then the last 2 I mentioned, I feel he deserves more recognition

He's in the Top 10 P4P though. He's #5 currently.

Matthysse isn't, Golovkin isn't, Broner shouldn't be on there but Mares is above him.

Mares is #5 P4P and Rigondeaux isn't even on the list.

Comment

I have him in my top 5 P4P, he has continued to rack up victories against very good opposition.

Comment

I think he's getting his proper due now, but he definitely was before the PDL fight.

Comment

Yes, truly underrated.

What I like about Mares is that she has shown great adaptability, he's a multi-dimensional fighter who has boxed in various styles. Superb resume to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X