Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Vitali dominate throughout the years just make me appreciate Lennox more....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Vitali dominate throughout the years just make me appreciate Lennox more....

An old unmotivated Lennox Lewis gave Prime Vitali a brutal fight and might have possibly ended Vitali's career if the doctors didn't stop it. Watching past prime Vitali toy and dominate fighters throughout the years just make me appreciate Lewis more..

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post
    An old unmotivated Lennox Lewis gave Prime Vitali a brutal fight and might have possibly ended Vitali's career if the doctors didn't stop it. Watching past prime Vitali toy and dominate fighters throughout the years just make me appreciate Lewis more..
    I agree.

Lewis would have KOd Vitali if the fight continued. If you rewatch the fight, Vitali looked done at the time of the stoppage. Lewis took all of Vitali's shots, and was just getting a second wind. He broke Vitali.

Comment

One of the best HW fights ever. Shame it was ruined with the discussions over the years.

I appreciate both fighters more because of that fight. One will say that Vitali dominated the fight, other will say that Lennox was unmotivated and unprepared. What I have from it is that they are both special fighters, league on their own.

If I could choose which fight I would like to see, Vitali-Lennox prime for prime, would be in my top3 picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        One of the best HW fights ever. Shame it was ruined with the discussions over the years.

I appreciate both fighters more because of that fight. One will say that Vitali dominated the fight, other will say that Lennox was unmotivated and unprepared. What I have from it is that they are both special fighters, league on their own.

If I could choose which fight I would like to see, Vitali-Lennox prime for prime, would be in my top3 picks.

Great post.

It was one of the great HW fights. Like you say, its just a shame people troll and fail to appreciate what it was.

Comment

Both guys showed true heart and grit in that fight. At the time many people said Vitali didn't have heart and Lennox didn't have a chin. Both things were proved wrong in what proved to be the last great heavyweight fight for a decade.

Comment

Lewis is my personal favorite HW.
            Mainly cos he avenged almost every loss he had in dominance. Had patience, power and when in the right mind set good beat almost anyone.

Comment

definitely true, and you can understand in hindsight why Vitali didn't fight a prime Lewis, an even faster stoppage would have ensued.

Comment

It was a great fight and it's understandable that Lummox retired thereafter.

Comment

What ruins it is the speculation people make about "what might of happened" instead of what did happen...you can never say for sure what would happen... Think adamek/chambers. Many said if chambers had 2 hands he would have won... Not the case because chambers may have taken more chànces with 2 hands & got knocked out... You can't make assumptions

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
                    Lewis is my personal favorite HW.
                    Mainly cos he avenged almost every loss he had in dominance. Had patience, power and when in the right mind set good beat almost anyone.
                    as a pro he avenged his losses...

Comment

Working...
                    X