Comments Thread For: Garcia: Drug Testing Isn’t Because of Matthysse Himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pr23
    replied
    Look at the ball licking matthysse fans hate on Danny even though he's been doing this for his last couple fights

Leave a comment:

• FerFal'sStepDad
    replied
    Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
    Su****ion didnt start until LM blatantly popped a pill in the dressing room, when it's well known you aren't supposed to take anything let alone a performance enhancer whatever the hell the pill allegedly was, when Margarito poured powder in his drink Pac fans were going ape **** why the inconsistency, exactly whats wrong with boxing people cheat but it gets swept under the ug because they are like or there opponent is hated, but I digress...........................
    Lucas Power-Pellets Matthysse.

Say what you want about Angel StreetSmarts Garcia, he refuses to be a sucker. He knows full well that a lot of these superhero fighters are sometimes too good to be true.

Leave a comment:

• Vasyl’s dad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray*
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joesaiditstrue

no

what people should be saying, and they aren't saying this because they're uneducated, is:

"Why do people think VADA/WADA actually works when fighters are only being tested for 30-45 days before a fight?"

You can bring up the Berto/Peterson situations, but those IMO weren't PED abuse. The Peterson situation was a guy using doctor prescribed testosterone (and his low testosterone was verified by his personal doctor, as well as two endocrinologists), so he wasn't hiding anything. And the Berto situation was a trace amount of a steroid that isn't even used anymore by professional athletes because of how long it takes to leave your system (meaning most likely a tainted supplement).

Step by step my friend, I don't agree with your points but we need to start somewhere and testing players randomly for 30-60 days during their training camps is better than what they were use to, the next step now is for every pro boxer to be tested randomly as long as you hold a licence to box, whether you are training for a fight or not.
    lol. no its not. its pointless unless its year round.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Leave a comment:

• MindBat
    replied
    Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
    That's right!we want a clean fight !!drug text everyone Warrr GARCIA

USADA is working on that new technology. Drug texting.

They won't even have to show up to fighters' camps unannounced.
    They'll just test them by phone.

Leave a comment:

• sbbigmike
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Oh, it's too bad that Matthysse has been knocking guys out and now has come under su****ion, I guess...because Garcia asked for testing. Oh well, join the club. Matthysse has never failed a test before so he has nothing to worry about. What's the problem?
    Su****ion didnt start until LM blatantly popped a pill in the dressing room, when it's well known you aren't supposed to take anything let alone a performance enhancer whatever the hell the pill allegedly was, when Margarito poured powder in his drink Pac fans were going ape **** why the inconsistency, exactly whats wrong with boxing people cheat but it gets swept under the ug because they are like or there opponent is hated, but I digress...........................
    Last edited by sbbigmike; 08-15-2013, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
    Sounds like he's treading back on the focal point (i.e., Mathysse) - from a legal standpoint he's got to becareful with slander or accusing a person without any proof.
    I don't think he thought he was threading on anything, he obviously thought having his opponents tested or himself tested ensures a clean fight in both camps mind, he did that with Morales I believe and we all saw the result even though the fight went ahead.

Leave a comment:

• JBell11
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Danny Garcia says the additional drug testing being done for his upcoming fight against Lucas Matthysse isn’t based on specific concerns about his opponent.

“It doesn’t matter who I fight, it’s just something I feel needs to be done if you want to be the champion,” Garcia said on an Aug. 14 media conference call. “I just want a clean fight, and that’s it. It has nothing to do with Lucas Matthysse. It’s just what I do.”

Garcia noted that testing (which has been done by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency) has been done for his past few fights beyond that which is conducted by the state athletic commissions. USADA testing for Garcia’s rematch with Erik Morales in October 2012 resulted in Morales testing positive before the bout for the banned substance clenbuterol. The New York State Athletic Commission and Golden Boy Promotions still went forward with that fight, which resulted in Garcia knocking Morales out in four rounds. [Click Here To Read More]
    Sounds like he's treading back on the focal point (i.e., Mathysse) - from a legal standpoint he's got to becareful with slander or accusing a person without any proof.

Leave a comment:

• ddangerous
    replied
    Matthysse by KO.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    no

what people should be saying, and they aren't saying this because they're uneducated, is:

"Why do people think VADA/WADA actually works when fighters are only being tested for 30-45 days before a fight?"

You can bring up the Berto/Peterson situations, but those IMO weren't PED abuse. The Peterson situation was a guy using doctor prescribed testosterone (and his low testosterone was verified by his personal doctor, as well as two endocrinologists), so he wasn't hiding anything. And the Berto situation was a trace amount of a steroid that isn't even used anymore by professional athletes because of how long it takes to leave your system (meaning most likely a tainted supplement).
    Step by step my friend, I don't agree with your points but we need to start somewhere and testing players randomly for 30-60 days during their training camps is better than what they were use to, the next step now is for every pro boxer to be tested randomly as long as you hold a licence to box, whether you are training for a fight or not.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    It's a good thing, as long as both fighters accept and their promoter goes forward with it then more power to them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X