Great fighters who couldn't fight on the inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Manny Pacquiao?
    I knew it was coming, it was just a case of which floydiot was gonna step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      Martinez cant
      /if we are talking sergio then yeah he can. He ****ed Chavez up at his own game lol

Comment

Pacquiao can fight on the inside. He tends not to clinch fight. Fighting in a clinch is only one form of in fighting and that style is often prevented from even happening by lots of referees in most countries. American referees allow it consistently though.

Ali must be the greatest fighter who couldn't really fight on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
          Pacquiao can fight on the inside. He tends not to clinch fight. Fighting in a clinch is only one form of in fighting and that style is often prevented from even happening by lots of referees in most countries. American referees allow it consistently though.

Ali must be the greatest fighter who couldn't really fight on the inside.
          Pacquiao cannot fight well on the inside at all. What footage are you looking at? He's a midrange fighter only, but he's extremely effective at midrange. Inside / outside, forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            I knew it was coming, it was just a case of which floydiot was gonna step up.
            So Pacquiao is good on the inside now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
              So Pacquiao is good on the inside now?
              I'm thinking the same thing. Like, where do people come up with this stuff?

Comment

Lennox Lewis was a very good inside fighter for a 6'5 245 pound man.

Look at how he dominated Michael Grant via infighting and how he pushed Mercer back by going to war on the inside. He destroyed Holyfield in the mid rounds with in fighting as well and had Vitali on his way out in the 6th with some good upper cuts. Lewis in fact got one of the greatest upper cuts in HW History.

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
                  Pacquiao cannot fight well on the inside at all. What footage are you looking at? He's a midrange fighter only, but he's extremely effective at midrange. Inside / outside, forget about it.
                  It would be almost impossible to be a mid-range fighter and not be able to fight on the inside to at least a decent degree. I'm not saying Pacquiao is a great inside fighter, he isn't, but this thread was about great fighters who couldn't fight on the inside. Pacquiao does not belong in this conversation.

Comment

Mikey Garcia comes to mind. His response is hold or clinch and look at the referee. Refer to the Salido fight.

Comment

Wlad (i wouldn't call him great) as soon as an opponent gets within 3 feet he grabs and doesn't let go until the ref breaks it. I don't thinks he's thrown a punch at close quarters in 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X