No announcement yet.

Marquez vs. Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez vs. Matthysse

Who would win between JMM and Lucas Matthysse?

This would be a great style matchup in my opinion.

LM is like a orthodox Pacquiao and it would be interresting to see how JMM would deal with that.

Vote, discuss. Thanks.
    JMM wins
    47.37%
    LM wins
    42.11%
    Draw
    1.75%
    I don't care but that bike is sweet!!!!!
    8.77%

The poll is expired.

without PEDs, JMM by decision...with PEDs, JMM by KO

Comment

i honestly think matthysse knocks him out. marquez doesn't have the legs to get in a few rounds and figure him out at a safe distance. it would probaly turn into a gunfight quick, and matthysse's the bigger puncher with the better chin at this stage in their careers.

matthysse via knockout.

Comment

A defensive counter punching wizard that's never been knocked out and has a strong chin, vs someone whom is way up in hype coming off yet another dramatic entertaining KO win.

Majority are always gona vote with the current exciting KO hype thus the latter.

But JMM wins this.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i honestly think matthysse knocks him out. marquez doesn't have the legs to get in a few rounds and figure him out at a safe distance. it would probaly turn into a gunfight quick, and matthysse's the bigger puncher with the better chin at this stage in their careers.

matthysse via knockout.
          I agree the fresher fighter is LM and that gives him the edge...but no one has ever stopped JMM...I dont know if I could go that far even if it is Lucas.

Comment

I would love to see this fight, saying that I believe Lucas has the power to knock Marquez out but the question is will Marquez's counter punching ability be enough to keep Matthysse at bay.

Comment

Marquez is old as **** and has been in alot of wars. I think Matthysse knocks him out.

Comment

Marquez is way too old to take on Matthysse, Lucas beats a 40 year old Marquez.

Comment

Lucas stops current Marquez

Comment

I'll go with Lucas on this. JMM has and always will be vulnerable to a good left hook. Go down the line and look at his fights. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Casamoyer, hell even Jaun Diaz' left hook found a home during their fight. Even with JMM on his back foot I just don't see how he could get away from Matthysse' left hook. In fact I think it would end badly.

Comment

Working...
                    X