No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia has a plan to stop Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    So Garcia wanted this fight over any other fight the most... why did it take so long to happen then?
    did you even read it? HE said he was never offered a fight and whenever there are big fights it takes a while to negotiate. You have to admit they put this fight up pretty fast. There wasn't any fights in between, usually they marinate the shiet out of the fight. As soon as Matthysse knocked out Peterson, the fans called for the fight and they got it.

Simple supply and demand. This was the number 2 fight that the fans wanted which should equal big money. IF you knew someone wanted something of yours like lets say some rare one of a kind car. Would you sell it right away or wait til it hits the dollar value you want? Clearly Garcia, waited until he got paid what he wanted.

Come on guys, lets not be so bias and try to ignore the obvious. Big fights take time to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
      Personally I thought Judah beat Matthysse and Matthysse beat Alexander.

If I was an undefeated fighter and my opponent has lost already, I would bring that up to. It's kind of like why are you hyping up the guy that already has losses.
      Because they have zero relevance to this fight, and that guy with losses has a better resume than Garcia. So who cares about one questionable loss and one outright robbery?

Though that's more a fan's perspective and not a fighter's, I admit.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha......................Can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          No, what I'm saying is, he's talking all this stuff to hype HIMSELF up. This isn't like Ali, where he wanted to fight Foreman to prove to the world that he was the greatest.

This is a case of a guy that got backed into a corner. It is what it is.
          how are you so sure that he doesn't want the fight? What makes you an expert in this subject matter? To me I always give the fighter the benefit of the doubt because they fight for a living.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Because they have zero relevance to this fight, and that guy with losses has a better resume than Garcia. So who cares about one questionable loss and one outright robbery?

Though that's more a fan's perspective and not a fighter's, I admit.
              correct that is a fan's perspective but he's talking more to the media. Floyd does it all the time saying Pacquiao already lost blah blah blah.

The result of Matthysse losing to both Judah and Alexander has nothing to do with this fight. It's more from Garcia perspective that they are over hyping someone who already lost.

Comment

Whenever a fighter makes a statement like "I'm going to stand and bang", that usually means they're planning to run the entire fight...

Garcia knows he can't win this fight if he doesn't move.

Comment

how are you so sure that he doesn't want the fight? What makes you an expert in this subject matter? To me I always give the fighter the benefit of the doubt because they fight for a living.
                  I have no proof besides common sense. Why does every other boxing fan think he's ducking Lucas and was forced to take this fight?

If you asked 100 boxing fans if Danny was forced to take this fight, then 75-80 of them would probably say yes.

There's just certain vibes in the universe that you know are true.

Comment

Personally I thought Judah beat Matthysse and Matthysse beat Alexander.

If I was an undefeated fighter and my opponent has lost already, I would bring that up to. It's kind of like why are you hyping up the guy that already has losses.
                    Because some of us arent 5 years old and we know that more than one true, legendary Champion has had not one, but two or three losses, sometimes early in their career even, and that doesnt change the fact that they were the best boxers of their time.
                    While on the other hand you cant throw a dead gay Danny Garcia fan without hitting the next undefeated future ATG, that's only undefeated because he was spoon fed victories to build him up into the next big thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                      I have no proof besides common sense. Why does every other boxing fan think he's ducking Lucas and was forced to take this fight?

If you asked 100 boxing fans if Danny was forced to take this fight, then 75-80 of them would probably say yes.

There's just certain vibes in the universe that you know are true.
                      I don't really see where the "common sense" that he's ducking him is. Is it based off a video of him saying Peterson get knocked out? Or is it based on him taking another fight after Judah...oh wait he didn't he took Matthysse.

If you could explain how it's common sense that he was ducking him then I will stop.

You are asking 100 Matthysse fans then. Most of the people that say Garcia ducked Matthysse and were forced to take the fight have Matthysse as their top 3 favorite fighters, has them in their avatar, or username/title.

Comment

Working...
                      X