Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what weight?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Cotto has a lot more pop on his shots than Diaz. Marquez's skin would show the effects.

Definitely. I think he may knockdown Marquez. I just don't know if Cotto can keep it up for 12 rounds. I feel Cotto's skin will show it too, he marks up quite bad.
      He seems to fade after 8-9 and I feel hes lost a step.

I just see Marquez grinding him down.

8 maybe 10 I feel Cotto would perhaps nick it but in a 12 rounder I've gotta go with Marquez.

Hes a bit wrong for Cotto. I can just see him roping Cotto in and teeing off on him something awful, I just don't think he can miss the uppercut here. Little half-step back & hes really going to tee off. Cotto shows when hes hurt & feeling it and Marquez is a finisher and will sense that.
      Not sure about Cotto against volume & counterpunchers as well combination punchers.

I think myself Cotto is better with Diaz in his corner (is it Diaz?) he just looks that bit sharper & crisper and seemed to box more intelligently & use his jab to great effect.

Comment

with them power pellets JMM might KTFO Cotto

Comment

Have to go with Marquez, Marquez is the best uppercut artist in the sport and that's Cotto's biggest weakness right there. Marquez probably stops him in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
            im going by what hes said in past interviews. Don't you remember just recently he wanted a rehydration clause against Bradley? what makes you think he would move up in weight again?
            because it's for cotto, you dumb shiiit

who else out there to make big money with and is as vulnerable as cotto right now?? exactly, shut up already, you might learn something.

as far as the fight, i used to think that cotto takes this ... i'm leaning with the sentiment that jmm takes him out late, not a KO or TKO but just outworks him over the long run. jmm, technically, is a LOT better than cotto is.

Comment

Marquez is technically good but so is Cotto. Cotto can box too. I think it's a competitive fight now because of Cotto's condition, but Cotto outfights Lil Marquez.

Comment

cotto. my only question would be whether or not he's mentally committed in the gym at this stage in his career. if he's even a fraction of what he used to be he'd beat marquez. that's a bad style for marquez. cotto throws short punches and has great timing. he has a great jab. his feet are just fast enough to give marquez problems. in his prime he would stop marquez. it's only a question of how far he's slipped at this stage. cotto on points, as he's not willing to really beat a man up and take risks, the way you'd have to if you wanted to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
                  Marquez is technically good but so is Cotto. Cotto can box too. I think it's a competitive fight now because of Cotto's condition, but Cotto outfights Lil Marquez.
                  you've not seen the latest pac fight i take it

man, after further analysis - i'm POSITIVE that jmm takes cotto out in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    because it's for cotto, you dumb shiiit

who else out there to make big money with and is as vulnerable as cotto right now?? exactly, shut up already, you might learn something.

as far as the fight, i used to think that cotto takes this ... i'm leaning with the sentiment that jmm takes him out late, not a KO or TKO but just outworks him over the long run. jmm, technically, is a LOT better than cotto is.
                    LOL your the fucking dumbass, Marquez just turned down a bigger payday against Pacquiao to fight Bradley. He was reluctant on facing Rios after the Abril fight when he didn't make weight and he just recently wanted a rehydration clause against Bradley. Hes never even weighed in at the full WW limit the day before the Pacquiao fights. @ you ******s thinking hes going to move up again to fight Cotto, keep dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      you've not seen the latest pac fight i take it

man, after further analysis - i'm POSITIVE that jmm takes cotto out in a fight.
                      I'm just saying if it's a clean fight - no cheating - Cotto has it. What evidence is there that Lil Marquez is juicing??

Comment

Working...
                      X