Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Stevens chase? GGG or Chocolate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should Stevens chase? GGG or Chocolate?

He'll make as much money as both, both have a belt and both on their own exclusive network.
    Stevens seems to be the NBC MW juggernaut while ggg and chocolate are that of their own networks.
    Stevens fighting Chocolate seems like the better option for him though.
    Showtime has a hold of Barclay's center and Stevens is a Brooklyn fighter. They could probably hold their own main even there and Chocolate can finally move out from the undercards.
    Also Chocolate doesn't have anybody lined up right now.
    Stevens on the other hand has to hope Geale/Barker turns down a November fight with Golovkin. Even in December he has to hope Duva and his team let him fight Golovkin since they're so hesitant right now.

When you put it that way Quillin makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      When you put it that way Quillin makes more sense.
      Meh, already know what people will say though... i'm scared he'll fight GGG.
      Curtis Stevens has two choices he could chase though that are equally lucrative.
      Also the fact he doesn't have any obligation to either network helps him.
      He's been on HBO once... but I don't think that was anything long term.

Comment

Kid Chocolate seems more beatable, not impressed with the guy at all and if he can grab his strap maybe unify with GGG later.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Kid Chocolate seems more beatable, not impressed with the guy at all and if he can grab his strap maybe unify with GGG later.
          He can still chase GGG, probably because he currently holds the distinction of the most feared MW.
          He's got balls and credit to him.

Comment

Just realized he's rated in neither the WBA or WBO.
            That's the older rankings though... who knows where the Roman win will put him or the latest talk of him wanting a fight and putting attention on himself

Comment

Def golovkin

He's the better more touted fighter and I'm not even sure if a fight with quilon will be a main event, jnfact I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Just realized he's rated in neither the WBA or WBO.
                That's the older rankings though... who knows where the Roman win will put him or the latest talk of him wanting a fight and putting attention on himself
                I mean he can try and get those bigger fights, I just don't see how or why he is suddenly in the discussion regarding top MWs after a win over Roman who is essentially a ko prone journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Def golovkin

He's the better more touted fighter and I'm not even sure if a fight with quilon will be a main event, jnfact I doubt it
                  Stevens has a nice amount of hype following him now and Brooklyn is where most of his fans are from.
                  True though, doubt it would sell out Barclays... they'd have to build a card around it or even make it a co-main event

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    I mean he can try and get those bigger fights, I just don't see how or why he is suddenly in the discussion regarding top MWs after a win over Roman who is essentially a ko prone journeyman.
                    Because he looked explosive in his fights and got some nice hype rolling around him now.
                    Got people talking.
                    I don't know how, but it happens like that. He might as well roll with it and get as much of it as he can.

Comment

Working...
                    X