Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

catchweight king, coming off losses. Great response!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line is a large number of fighters have asked for Catchweights and ONLY ONE out of all of them said " I AM NOT THAT KIND OF GUY, I DON'T DO CATCHWEIGHTS!" I could put a bunch of fighters in a picture and ask you to find the hypocrite and you all would point to only one fighter and you know who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      Enuff said, we have our answer
      So what do you think that gets you? Of course Pac thought he'd be facing a lesser Cotto at 145, so he's due partial credit. But he's not due 3 years of abuse that he got in this board, that just stopped 2 months ago conveniently. But you claim DLH proved he can hang at welter, which is ridiculous.

If you're onboard with principled decisions, why are you complaining about him not fighting Cotto at 154? You didn't even know Pac offered 150 apparently, that's loads of ommissions and factual errors post after post. Any issues with the 150 offer then?

Comment

And also, Bernard Hopkins, as the bigger fighter, dropping down to 170 should be perceived as a DISADVANTAGE to him... He's the one going down in weight weakening himself, while Pavlick and Wright didn't have to gain all that much weight, thus making it easier for them

So Hopkins is not a qualifier for the catchweight king title

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Bottom line is a large number of fighters have asked for Catchweights and ONLY ONE out of all of them said " I AM NOT THAT KIND OF GUY, I DON'T DO CATCHWEIGHTS!" I could put a bunch of fighters in a picture and ask you to find the hypocrite and you all would point to only one fighter and you know who that is.
          A bit like a guy that walked on a 50/50 offer for the biggest fight in history to avoid a PEDS test he is now demanding off B grade losers from smaller divisions ,,,,

Lots of hypocrites in high profile sport , that's the real bottom line kid !

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            So what do you think that gets you? Of course Pac thought he'd be facing a lesser Cotto at 145, so he's due partial credit. But he's not due 3 years of abuse that he got in this board, that just stopped 2 months ago conveniently. But you claim DLH proved he can hang at welter, which is ridiculous.
            Didn't mean to say 'hang' (if I did). 'Hanging' is something to be decided after each fight. I'm just speaking to the fact of why he demanded the catchweight in the first place....I.e. because it matters.

I agree that PAC has gotten a lot of undue hate, but he certainly isn't exactly innocent either.

If you're onboard with principled decisions, why are you complaining about him not fighting Cotto at 154? You didn't even know Pac offered 150 apparently, that's loads of ommissions and factual errors post after post. Any issues with the 150 offer then?
            What do you mean by 'onboard with principles decisions'? The principal, is not allowing a fighter to be at a weight that they are comfortable at, for the sake of "taking something out of them'. Regardless if the weight stipulation falls on a certain divisional limit. Yes, I'm for that principal.

And yes, considering PAC already faced and beat cotto handily with the weight stipulations, I do a have a problem with PAC demanding another weight stipulation from cotto. We've already been there and seen that. How about, now we actually see what cotto can do without the stipulations. Or is cotto too good for PAC at full strength?

Comment

Didn't mean to say 'hang' (if I did). 'Hanging' is something to be decided after each fight. I'm just speaking to the fact of why he demanded the catchweight in the first place....I.e. because it matters.

I agree that PAC has gotten a lot of undue hate, but he certainly isn't exactly innocent either.

What do you mean by 'onboard with principles decisions'? The principal, is not allowing a fighter to be at a weight that they are comfortable at, for the sake of "taking something out of them'. Regardless if the weight stipulation falls on a certain divisional limit. Yes, I'm for that principal.

And yes, considering PAC already faced and beat cotto handily with the weight stipulations, I do a have a problem with PAC demanding another weight stipulation from cotto. We've already been there and seen that. How about, now we actually see what cotto can do without the stipulations. Or is cotto too good for PAC at full strength?
              No, the principle of "Not going up in weight again" takes precedence over whatever Cotto's weight whim of the day is. Cotto didn't even have a SWW belt for the rematch, so spare me that. Let me remind you AGAIN:

1. Here's Cotto goading Pac into offering 150 in the first place, when Pac didn't wanna go above 147 like he said all along, on principle. This was 6 months prior.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943

2. Cotto disgracefully asked to defend his 154 belt and #1 Ring ranking vs unranked, one eyed Marg at 150, with a 160 rehydration clause just 1 year prior.

3. 9 out of 10 posters by now here know that 154 is not Cotto's best weight. There were polls, the conclusion is he should be happy a name guy offers him a fight at 150, if he's too lazy to try making 147

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                A bit like a guy that walked on a 50/50 offer for the biggest fight in history to avoid a PEDS test he is now demanding off B grade losers from smaller divisions
                No comparison! Floyd accused and demanded Pac take tests. I guarantee you if someone walks up to you without a weapon and demands you give them a dollar, you are going to be more resistant then if they asked for a dollar. Floyd's ego got in the way. Now why didn't Floyd demand testing for the guys before Pac? Well guess who got sued over those accusations. And Pac agreed to the tests over a year ago. Now back on the subject. Which guy out of all of the guys who asked for Catchweights was a Catchweight hyporcrite?
                Last edited by richardt; 08-04-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

No, the principle of "Not going up in weight again" takes precedence over whatever Cotto's weight whim of the day is. Cotto didn't even have a SWW belt for the rematch, so spare me that. Let me remind you AGAIN:

1. Here's Cotto goading Pac into offering 150 in the first place, when Pac didn't wanna go above 147 like he said all along, on principle. This was 6 months prior.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943

2. Cotto disgracefully asked to defend his 154 belt and #1 Ring ranking vs unranked, one eyed Marg at 150, with a 160 rehydration clause just 1 year prior.

3. 9 out of 10 posters by now here know that 154 is not Cotto's best weight. There were polls, the conclusion is he should be happy a name guy offers him a fight at 150, if he's too lazy to try making 147
                  So...let's sum this all up and move on...

PAC is still scared to fight cotto where cotto feels comfortable.

Lold at cotto 'disgracefully'....coming from a guy defending PAC, that's rich. Thanks for the laugh.

Is cotto innocent of this? No. But cool story bro. This just goes back to my original comments on the op. Just a bunch of irrelevant fanboy diatribe, and when it finally gets to the topic at hand, its only argument is 'well these guys have done it to'.

Here, let me simplify the op for y'all. PAC is not the catchweight king because such and such has done it too. Just saved all y'all about 12 paragraphs of reading

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    whats important to remember is pac was coming up from 140 (heck he weighed 138 I think vs hatton) cotto offered him 145, pac never demanded it at 145, cotto did it because he is a a true warrior and evened the terms, he also said he was in his best condition ever remember
                    IIRC, Cotto had no problems with fighting at 145.
                    What he DID have issue with was placing his title on the line
                    at anything but official weightclass. The negotiation dragged
                    on until the strap body said it was a go.

With respect to their almost-rematch...

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    didnt cotto want margo at 150 catchweight? so why not fight pac at it as well?

PAC still refusing to fight cotto at Cotto's natural/strongest weight speaks volumes, considering he already beat the guy to a pulp.

I can let the first time go. In fact, as a cotto fan, I'd even say that cotto was in the best shape of his life that fight. Just fought with the wrong game plan/poor training, and PAC was too much. But this second go around, speaks volumes IMO.
                    See lfc's rebuttal above.
                    Tell me, how often has Pac entered the ring north of 149?

For every argument that Pac drains opponents to weaken them,
                    there's the counter that opponents want to bloat him up so that
                    he loses speed. Bottom line is you sign to fight, you fight. If you
                    don't like what they're asking you to sign, then don't sign.

Cotto was not far off his prime when they fought, and I do not
                    believe the weight stipulation affected him at all. If he had had
                    a much better corner that night, it wouldn't have been lopsided,
                    but I think Pac would still have won.
                    Last edited by horge; 08-04-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Zab was so dangerous he lost a UD to Baldo in his hometown. That's the guy Floyd was tuning up for lmao. Remember him quitting quick like vs Clottey, who Pac whitewashed 4 months after Cotto?
                      Floyd fought sharmba in December of 2005 and zab fought in January of 2006.....

Zab was toying with baldomir until round 7 and lost by SD..it's not that hard to understand... Zab fought Floyd way better than tata did...and let's not forget, zab was the undisputed ww champion....zab was very sound with good balance, fast hands and get pretty hard...maybe the best looking jab at the time..very athletic and used to the weightclass unlike Floyd was...

Styles make fights and zab's style at the time was a style that could cause any fighter trouble....sharmba had fast hands also but his movement helped Floyd for zab....not properly preparing for Judah can damage you...the kid has all of the talent in the world.....

Comment

Working...
                      X