Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was Better at Middleweight and Who would have won? B-hop or Hagler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Hopkins, had the durability and defense to tangle with Hagler, had the boxing ability to edge him, spoil if need and cut his workrate. I'd go with Hopkins, but of course I'd expect it to be tough.
    Hopkins has never fought anyone close to Haglers level (except Roy Jones and we know what happened there) and has never fought in a 15 round fight with small, hard gloves as opposed to pillow cases for that matter, either.

Hagler would take him deep, break him down and end him late.

Comment

Tough fight but I'd probably have to go hagler. At his best, he may have been damn near unbeatable at MW. It'd go the full12-15 tho with a lot of close rounds.

Comment

I think Hopkins from the Trinidad fight would get it done. He's longer than Hagler and handles southpaws well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
          Hopkins has never fought anyone close to Haglers level (except Roy Jones and we know what happened there) and has never fought in a 15 round fight with small, hard gloves as opposed to pillow cases for that matter, either.

Hagler would take him deep, break him down and end him late.
          Not convinced, and I've watched both, more so Hopkins admittingly. Both had great chins, both were supremely conditioned, but I like Hopkins defense to pull him through. Hopkins was a physically strong guy at the weight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Hopkins easily beats Hagler, he was just a brawler
            Hagler was just a brawler? Cmon do some homework before you make an ignorant statement like that.

Comment

Hopkins has shown his class time and again. We saw how well he performed against RJJ when Roy was superman and Hopkins was green. However Hopkins MW reign is overrated with his best wins coming over blown up MW's. I have to favor Hagler in this fight by UD.

Comment

Tough call for me. I have to defer. 2 of my all time faves.

Comment

But that kid Fetta thinks Floyd beats Hagler, so obviously Hopkins can right?? Unless Floyd beats B-Hop at 160 too!!

Comment

I think hagler beats him with body work I think Bhops height makes things worse on him and gives hagler a bigger target and I don't see Hopkins having enough power to keep hagler at bay hagler might have been a south paw but he could switch hit really well and I think that would throw bhop off to much.

Comment

Whoever is the more confident fighter would win. I think I give the edge to the Executioner on that. He's always confident no matter what is put in his way.

Comment

Working...
                      X