Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao has not fought a top ww since 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the bradley fight was a legit fight,,,, horrible scorecards,, but a good legit fight on paper,,,,

plus i love the jmm-manny fights,,, cant wait till #5

I do think both floyd and manny have fought top welters,,,, they just havent fought the ones we wanted to see,, like fighting each other....

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
      at the time floyd fought them yes it did.

FYI, tim bradley is 2-0 at ww, beating manny and provodnikov, who fought all his fights at JWW previously. Both fights you think tim lost.

Berto is 28-3 at ww including wins over quintana, collazo, a fight which he may have lost.

I agree tim is a much better fighter than Berto. But you yourself think tim hasn't won a ww fight. So this post is a little confusing.
      braldey also fought abregu at welterweight

damn noobs

edit: and when have i said bradley lost vs provo? what i do remember saying about that fight is that it was a legit toss up, and i in fact had bradley winning

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        braldey also fought abregu at welterweight

damn noobs

edit: and when have i said bradley lost vs provo? what i do remember saying about that fight is that it was a legit toss up, and i in fact had bradley winning
        yeah. I forgot to include that. so he's 1-2 in your mind.

I don't recall you having Bradley winning. If you did, I apologize.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
          yeah. I forgot to include that. so he's 1-2 in your mind.

I don't recall you having Bradley winning. If you did, I apologize.
          dont worry about it

Comment

Great thread.

This forum has gotten worse I see with these new aged fans...lol

Manny fights Tim Bradley and Jmm, 2 Jr ww's at we before they had a fight at ww...and by that, I mean their previous fights... Tim moved up to fight Manny and so did jmm.

Floyd fought Guerrero after he beat berto...a solid ww. And another ww b4 that.

The same with Ortiz...he was a ww champion...so was Mosley when Floyd beat his ass...

Hatton had won a ww title b4 also...cot to beat foreman for the wba Jr MW strap and defeated his demons before he fought Floyd... And dloyd dominated him...yeah, jmm moved up to fight Floyd but Floyd fought him because of how Oscar fought Manny... It was a slap in Oscar's face from Floyd.... And a warning to Manny, that he was the true king of boxing. After almost a 2 year layoff, dominating Marquez to the core...cheated weight OE not...Floyd never said he'd come in at 144, never ever...

Manny ducked him by fighting cot to who looked bad against clottey.....then Manny ducks Shane at a cw only to fight clottey after his lost to cotto...Manny fights losers and bad looking winners and draws.....he's fighting another LW at we coming off of a loss...he fights margarcheato after damn near a 2 year layoff at 150 after tony looked mediocre against a tuneup....for a vacated Jr MW belt.wtf is that?

At least Floyd took a tuneup with the #2 p4p champion, and to many, the #1 p4p champion after that 2nd PAC fight, and not for jmm's titles...or canelo's title which is really Floyd's title anyway and defending his title back against him...

May weather trumps pacquiao in every area possible....PAC fans are delirious....

And when was cotto's prime? I'll make a thread?

Tell Manny to fight shane again coming off of a loss or draw and having to come down in weight.
            Last edited by pbftxrs316; 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

ill just leave this here

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Floyd hasn't fought a guy coming of a loss in 9 (almost 10) years. Pacquiao has fought 3 guys coming off losses in the last 3 years. Of Pacquiao's last eighteen opponents (not a typo) the one on the longest winning streak was David effin Diaz, with five wins in a row. Floyd fights winners, Pac fights losers. Now Manny is fighting another loser (which is ok since he is a 2/3 fight loser himself) in China while Floyd is fighting an undefeated twenty-something middleweight who is coming off the biggest win of his career. Pac's handlers have turned him into a joke the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                ill just leave this here
                It's factually wrong, not sure why you're bumping it. Like 3 guys coming off losses, you can go to boxrec and see it's more Flofacts. Like the bat**** crazy post above, it's not worth bothering unless some sad Flo is bumping it

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                  I hope you can do a math here unlike those floydiots around here. In the last 6 years Floyd fought just 4 times against a lightweight he weight cheated Marquez, sucker punched Ortiz, past prime Cotto and atg HOF Guerrero. Floyd biggest wins in his career were against Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto. In the span of the same 6 years Pac fought 13 times including those Floyd biggest wins and you know how Pac easily disposed them, gave them the worst beating of their lives. Now do the math.
                  Originally posted by Castro Jr View Post
                  I don't like juiceoa but he's a former flyweight bro
                  Originally posted by Bull24 View Post
                  He fought Margarito when no one else would.
                  Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Margarito at 147 >>> top ww like Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto
                  Margarito at 150 >>>>> those guys

Mosley was Ring top 5 for whatever that's worth. Hell even now he's even money or better with those top ww chumps above
                  Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  There are now so many titles you can't back that in your debate. I find it funny you sat Mosley was coming off a loss and a draw. Have you forgotten he wad coming off a near 2 near lay off when he fought Floyd?

Who is this 154 champ you speak of? Why are you avoiding his name, I think I know why, he was coming off a brutal beating by Pac and some cherry picked fights like mayorga Lol

Also clottey, Margo and Bradley beat the hell out of Ortiz and guerrero. Like it or not, the guys Pac fought at the time would beat the guys Floyd has fought recently and at the time. Hell Floyd retired to avoid a prime cotto and margo
                  Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  Serious question.

When was the last time a fighter, from ANY weight class, fought 2 fighters that were both in the top 10 P4P within 6 months beside Pacquiao?
                  Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  You're better than this, Dont become another fluffer.
                  Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  If only these Floyd worshipers direct their energy towards convincing Floyd da best to fight the Pacman these discussions would not have been necessary.

You want Pac to fight a top guy? Then start telling your hero to grow balls so we can see the fight. Hehe...

Originally posted by 8thSamurai View Post
                  Wasn't Mosley a top welter when Manny Pac fought him?
                  Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                  maybe if Cherrypicker didn't duck Pac then Pac would've fought a top WW by now
                  Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Even Floyd agrees that what Manny did at WW was awesome. He admits that even Floyd couldn't/didn't do what Manny did.

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Amazing...Floyd failed 3 tests himself.
                  Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  Tim bradley
                  He certainly gave Mosley the most humiliating night of his career. He turned him into a runner for the night, like he did vs warrior Barrera who'd just given JMM a rude awakening. Shane didn't go running vs Canelo next, but he never got dropped so maybe that's why.

For Cotto, do you understand about the principle involved in saying, 8 divisions is too much? I like principle, better than the lack of it when bragging about being a champ in your 5th division, and asking for a CW to unify. Do you think Cotto is better at 154 than at 150? You like principles?

How do you think Guerrero does vs that same Marg that Pac fought? Why are you so convinced he was #3, other than the bogus Ring rankings? He doesn't have a clear cut top 10 win at welter.
                  Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                  niether has floyd since 2010, vs mosley

or does beating berto make you a top welterweight?

because tim bradley is better than both guerrero and ortiz
                  It's factually wrong, not sure why you're bumping it. Like 3 guys coming off losses, you can go to boxrec and see it's more Flofacts. Like the bat**** crazy post above, it's not worth bothering unless some sad Flo is bumping it
                  :qqq:

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                    Great thread.

This forum has gotten worse I see with these new aged fans...lol

Manny fights Tim Bradley and Jmm, 2 Jr ww's at we before they had a fight at ww...and by that, I mean their previous fights... Tim moved up to fight Manny and so did jmm.

Floyd fought Guerrero after he beat berto...a solid ww. And another ww b4 that.

The same with Ortiz...he was a ww champion...so was Mosley when Floyd beat his ass...

Hatton had won a ww title b4 also...cot to beat foreman for the wba Jr MW strap and defeated his demons before he fought Floyd... And dloyd dominated him...yeah, jmm moved up to fight Floyd but Floyd fought him because of how Oscar fought Manny... It was a slap in Oscar's face from Floyd.... And a warning to Manny, that he was the true king of boxing. After almost a 2 year layoff, dominating Marquez to the core...cheated weight OE not...Floyd never said he'd come in at 144, never ever...

Manny ducked him by fighting cot to who looked bad against clottey.....then Manny ducks Shane at a cw only to fight clottey after his lost to cotto...Manny fights losers and bad looking winners and draws.....he's fighting another LW at we coming off of a loss...he fights margarcheato after damn near a 2 year layoff at 150 after tony looked mediocre against a tuneup....for a vacated Jr MW belt.wtf is that?

At least Floyd took a tuneup with the #2 p4p champion, and to many, the #1 p4p champion after that 2nd PAC fight, and not for jmm's titles...or canelo's title which is really Floyd's title anyway and defending his title back against him...

May weather trumps pacquiao in every area possible....PAC fans are delirious....

And when was cotto's prime? I'll make a thread?

Tell Manny to fight shane again coming off of a loss or draw and having to come down in weight.

Dude you are all over the place,,, most of what you said makes sense and is true,,

hatton was a S***** welter, everyone knows it,, Collazo got robbed, so dont act like that was a great welter win for floyd....

but dont act like floyd never said he would be at 144,,,,, that is stupid nonsense,, Floyd signed a contract saying 144, and then missed and had to pay JMM extra cash.....

I got no problem with manny fighting cotto and clottey back2back... I do have issue with 145 cw with cotto,, summer 09 cotto-clottey had a rugged fight and it was a tough fight to judge a winner in,,, cotto won it, so manny fought him, then fought clottey to clear up any doubt,
                    Just like when prince fought barrera even though barrera had lost to EM,, barrera still looked good in his loss, and fight could have gone either way,, Its not like clottey had been dominated and beatdown before manny

And cotto's prime is 2004-2008,, margs fight ruined him,,, never the same after that...
                    Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      [/B]

Dude you are all over the place,,, most of what you said makes sense and is true,,

but dont act like floyd never said he would be at 144,,,,, that is stupid nonsense,, Floyd signed a contract saying 144, and then missed and had to pay JMM extra cash.....

I got no problem with manny fighting cotto and clottey back2back... I do have issue with 145 cw with cotto,, summer 09 cotto-clottey had a rugged fight and it was a tough fight to judge a winner in,,, cotto won it, so manny fought him, then fought clottey to clear up any doubt,
                      Just like when prince fought barrera even though barrera had lost to EM,, barrera still looked good in his loss, and fight could have gone either way,, Its not like clottey had been dominated and beatdown before manny

And cotto's prime is 2004-2008,, margs fight ruined him,,, never the same after that...
                      Good post, but you shouldn't have any issues with the Cotto CW unless you're dead set against CWs, which is fine. It's as justifiable as a CW gets, Pac's 1st, while going up to his 7th division. Who waits till their 7th division to ask for one? Just go back one year, it was unimaginable Pac would be fighting Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X