No announcement yet.

Do you think berto would have won if he's shoulder was alright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    If someone counters you with a hard right hand would you be more or less likely to throw at will. Berto's defense is poor but acting as though only having one good hand in a fight wouldn't result in a fighter getting punched more shows a lack of knowledge. ( What you're saying is also incorrect, it'd be easier for punches to go through your guard and harder to catch incoming punches).
    Lol less likely to throw at all Do you know how Soto fights? Any time Berto landed on Karass, he immediately responded with punches.

Comment

Berto almost won as it was.....had he finished the fight, he likely would have won anyways.

Comment

Berto got no defense and even with PEDs, he didn't have the stamina

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
          No, but aperantly all he had to do was survive to get the decision. Either way Berto is never been that good. He was getting hit bad reguardless of his shoulder situation.
          Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          the way the judges had it going, bad shoulder or not, as long as he stayed upright he would have won
          Exactly....not sure what people are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            If someone counters you with a hard right hand would you be more or less likely to throw at will. Berto's defense is poor but acting as though only having one good hand in a fight wouldn't result in a fighter getting punched more shows a lack of knowledge. ( What you're saying is also incorrect, it'd be easier for punches to go through your guard and harder to catch incoming punches).
            If I'm Soto Karass then I will throw at will even if I'm getting hit with a baseball bat because that's my style.

I watched many fights where one guy had an injured shoulder and it didn't affect their defense if they could keep both hands up.

Punches didn't go through Berto's guard, they landed flush on his chin without any obstacle. Not only does his defense usually suck but he's also shot because of all the punishment he's taken in his career.

Comment

He would have gotten knocked out sooner than the 12th round. His best defense was his shoulder going out on him.

Comment

No, he isn't that good and maybe him being more offensive could have led to him being ko'd sooner, doesn't matter though injuries are part of the sport and he didn't have what it took to win Saturday against Karass.

Comment

Soto-Karass was landing well in the opening round, well before the injury happened.

It's hard to say. Berto would've obviously fought differently had he not been hurt, but Soto-Karass also might've changed his approach.

I don't think Berto should be banned from the major boxing networks now that he's lost once again. As I wrote in my column this week, he's been in some really fun fights. He'll probably be the B-side against whomever he faces next, but I'll tune in to see it. He's flawed, but he doesn't lack in heart.

Comment

Absolutely not. He was getting destroyed and outclassed b4 the "injury"

Comment

Most of Berto's knockdown and KOes come from his right hand.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that he would had won but he would had done much better

Comment

Working...
                      X