Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think berto would have won if he's shoulder was alright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have to pull a Pacman fan trick and watch in slow mo to see exactly when his shoulder got hurt. Cause all I saw is punches connecting to his jaw then boom, shoulder hurt. Kind of like when Cotto cracked Mayorga on the chin and screwed up his arm, weird.

Comment

No i dont think he would have won,,,, maybe a closer fight, but going into the fight i thought berto was shot,, he got hurt in the 1st just like in the ghost fight,,,

it was only a matter of time before Karass caught him again....

Berto's brain's are scrambled and his chin is cracked,,,
      he needs to hang it up

Comment

Yes and anybody who says otherwise is just a hater. Berto's stronger hand is his right hand and it has always been. Berto without the right hand is like cotto without his left.

I'm not even a berto fan this is just common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
          Berto was killing him in round 2 i feel like if hes shoulder never got hurt he woulda ko'd soto karass. hes performance dropped evidently once hes shoulder broke.
          He still would have lost. He had moments in the fight but thats it. But he was still on his way to a win. Good thing he got koed.

Comment

No, berto was getting hit at will. Berto shouldn't be headlining anymore he just doesn't have that mystic that HBO tired to give him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I might have to pull a Pacman fan trick and watch in slow mo to see exactly when his shoulder got hurt. Cause all I saw is punches connecting to his jaw then boom, shoulder hurt. Kind of like when Cotto cracked Mayorga on the chin and screwed up his arm, weird.
              He started shrugging it in the 2nd or 3rd, can't remember which. Maybe after one of the uppercuts he threw he aggravated something. He really hurt it throwing that uppercut that made him arm go limp, that's when he stopped throwing it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Your post implies that having a bad shoulder wouldn't result in a fighter getting hit more frequently.
                If you can keep both hands up (as Berto could) it shouldn't affect your defense but Berto doesn't have any defense, that's the thing.

Comment

No, but aperantly all he had to do was survive to get the decision. Either way Berto is never been that good. He was getting hit bad reguardless of his shoulder situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    If you can keep both hands up (as Berto could) it shouldn't affect your defense but Berto doesn't have any defense, that's the thing.
                    If someone counters you with a hard right hand would you be more or less likely to throw at will. Berto's defense is poor but acting as though only having one good hand in a fight wouldn't result in a fighter getting punched more shows a lack of knowledge. ( What you're saying is also incorrect, it'd be easier for punches to go through your guard and harder to catch incoming punches).

Comment

Berto was never that good. All he ever had was good explosiveness and above average hand speed. His best win was against Luis Collazo and you can argue he didn't deserve the victory.

His same flaws were evident from day one against below average fighters. No real boxing ability, a weak chin, soft defense.

Good for him he made a **** ton of money based on hype alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X