Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan needs to leave Hunter ASAP and get back with Roach.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan needs to leave Hunter ASAP and get back with Roach.

Hunter is overrared as ****, he has a good fighter in ward but thats mainly due to his own atrributes. Under Hunter Khan has nt learned a thing and is orobably sparring with some average bums from the bay area. At least at the WC he would get good work and his offence was great. I think roach suits his style perfectly. If he wants to be a p4p destined fighter he needs to go back to the old team, cuz its not happening under Hunter. He has basically ruined the careers of angulo, berto, dallas jr and many others just this year!

He'll be dropped next time Khan loses and needs someone to blame, whether Hunter deserves it or not. That's just how Khan rolls.

Comment

some of these guys it doesn't matter who's training them... but I never thought Hunter was that great a trainer

Comment

I'm not so sure - Angulo actually did real well against Lara until he got stopped. Khan reacted better when he got knocked down against Diaz too - he didn't try to brawl, he recovered sensibly. The main problem with the Khan / Hunter relationship is that Khan travels back to the UK between fights so he only trains during fight camps. If he was serious about improving with a new trainer he would move next door to the gym in the US otherwise he's setting himself up to fail.

Comment

Khan does not spend that much time with Hunter so Hunter's influence is not going to be that great. When Khan loses again it wll be down to him as it was ih the previous losses and not his trainer.
          Last edited by Prince Mongo; 07-28-2013, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Interesting that you connect the dots between Berto...Hunter....and Khan. Because IMO Khan and Berto are very similar in that they both came to Hunter with a myriad of bad habits. Not to mention both fighters are very stubborn in the ring and are uber quick to scrap gameplans and resort to what they know, which in both cases is limited. They both rely on their speed but offer little else in the way of boxing acumen. They don't defend well and they both have very disruptive people in their camps yelling in their ears all fight. I think Hunter is an excellent trainer and a calming influence but you simply cannot polish a turd. And when it comes to facing decent opponents both Khan and Berto are turds.

Comment

Hunter and Roach, like most trainers, are only suited to one style of fighter

Comment

those 3 are hard to just fix there all big names with there own set styles its different than roach and manny.

but i partially agree with you hunter is better suited to have pupils like gonzalez and ward rather than guys who's looking to have there career revamped.

Comment

Hunter = strategy and how to use the ring
                  Roach = busy focuses on offence, if you ain't got a great chin then you're screwed you need power to defend yourself

The trainer isn't that big an influence, The only improvements Khan can make is using his ****ing small brain to make the right decisions and fight safe - which he sort of is doing ... so everything is fine...

Best trainer and Fighter switch so far = Maidana and R.Garcia, they are doing great together

Khan is running out of prime, he is only getting older and slower, not smarter.

Not going to be a great end to his career, Think he can pull off the Alexander win.
                  Last edited by miniq; 07-28-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I would love to know what exactly the success rate is of trainers training veterans and successfully changing them. Most trainers become famous from being with one fighter for a long time and molding them. What trainers have managed to do what Hunter is trying with so many veterans?

Comment

Working...
                    X